Hardware (m) code for Mother 3, flashcard might work

GGFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been trying to use the Mother 3 debug room on my catridge, but the problem is that for my AR to recognize the game, I need the (m) code. I haven't been able to find it, but a friend of mine told me that if I use an EZ Flash, I can use the debug room on my catridge as it has a built in AR. This is what he linked me to:

http://www.echostore.com/ezflash.html

It doesn't say anything about having an AR built in it, so if anyone can confirm this, I'd appreciate it. Or if you know any other software that would work, I'd also appreciate that. Thanks.

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Which EZ flash card are you talking about?

The EZV slot 1 card has AR built in not the 3 in 1 expansion pak and I think the AR in the EZV only works with DS games but I may be wrong on that.

GGFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about the one that I linked to, whatever model that is. So if what I linked to doesn't work and the EZV only works for DS, what will work?

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, the one that you linked to is an EZ Flash V for NDS. I glanced at the GBAtemp review for the card and saw nothing about AR being built in, I was wrong about that earlier. Regardless, that's not the card that you're interested in.

You should look into a slot 2 or GBA only flash card like the EZ Flash IV or the EFA-Linker 512 Mbit. Both of these carts have reviews on this site that will help you way more than I can.

Actually, I just read that the (m) AR codes will not work for the EFA-Linker. The EZ-Flass IV uses a cheat file like all slot-1 cards these days use. Maybe you can find what you want in a cheat file and load it that way?

You might also be able to use a GBA emulator to activate the AR code that you want and transfer your save to a flash cart.

GGFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I buy a certain AR, and have a USB cable, I can use this save I have that will start me in the debug room. However, I can't re-enter the debug room making it kind of pointless. I'll look into the EZ-Flass IV, thanks.

GGFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just tried it, the game freezes whenever I put the AR on. I know the (m) code works because the AR allows me to play the game, but it instantly freezes as soon I put the AR on. Anyone know the problem? I'm using a GBA AR Max if that helps (it's a black AR that only works with GBA games).

Also, I can only use the AR with my DS, it won't even go on if I use my GBA SP or Game Boy Player.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.