Hacking Luma3ds Stuck on 7.1

Articuss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Recently started using my 3ds again so I decided to try to update luma3ds so I could later update to 11.5 - I replaced arm9 with sighax, and reached luma 7.1, but now when I try to update to 8.1.1 it shows "Update Complete" but after launching the updater again, it says that the current version is 7.1, any help? Thanks in advance, sorry for bad english

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: Articuss

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could also be a dying SD card. If you followed the guide you would have copied the boot.firm to CTRNAND (unless you didn't) so the console might be loading your CFW from there VS the updated one on the card either because it's corrupted, or it can't be read by the console.

Newer nightly versions of Luma tell you where your B9S is loading from (SD/CTRNAND) so that will make it pretty useful for situations like this. :D

Articuss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could also be a dying SD card. If you followed the guide you would have copied the boot.firm to CTRNAND (unless you didn't) so the console might be loading your CFW from there VS the updated one on the card either because it's corrupted, or it can't be read by the console.

Newer nightly versions of Luma tell you where your B9S is loading from (SD/CTRNAND) so that will make it pretty useful for situations like this. :D

What do I do then? Replace old with new boot.firm on CTRNAND?

Have you tried manually downloading it and replacing the boot.firm using your computer?
Didn't work :c

Last edited by Articuss,
D

Deleted User

Maybe there are still luma.firm files from Luma 7.1 in the luma payloads folder?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now my 3ds won't turn on, LED turns on for a second then switches off
That's odd, you should have B9S 1.2 which supports the newest Luma version. Obviously switch it back if that won't even let your console load correctly. Once you can, then update your console and THEN update Luma.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the blue LED switches off immediately after turning the system on and you just updated the boot.firm to Luma 8.1.1, you don't have boot9strap v1.2. Get that by following https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s.
How can I put it back on CTRNAND? It won't start up, even pressing power+start
Try a different SD card. It sounds like your system was reading the boot.firm from CTRNAND. After doing that, follow the guide I linked to properly update Luma.

Articuss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Put the Godmode9.firm on the root of your SD card and rename it to "boot.firm" and see if that boots you to Godmode, if it does then copy the Luma v7.1 "boot.firm" to CTRNAND.
That worked, thanks in advance.
If the blue LED switches off immediately after turning the system on and you just updated the boot.firm to Luma 8.1.1, you don't have boot9strap v1.2. Get that by following https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s.

Try a different SD card. It sounds like your system was reading the boot.firm from CTRNAND. After doing that, follow the guide I linked to properly update Luma.
I'll try that, is there any way to check if you have boot9strap and/or check its version?

Reactions: Majickhat55

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That worked, thanks in advance.

I'll try that, is there any way to check if you have boot9strap and/or check its version?
Luma 8.0+ only works on boot9strap v1.2. Luma 7.1 only works on boot9strap v1.0/v1.1. There was a special version of Luma v8.0+ (nicknamed the "legacy" version) that didn't contain a certain feature (Rosalina) but it displayed as v7.1. If you followed the guide, you most likely wouldn't have that version though. You have either boot9strap v1.0/v1.1 and therefore need to update to boot9strap v1.2 to properly update Luma.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: