Hacking Luma 3DS Chainloader doesn’t launch

calves69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys,

So my friend installed Luma and stuff on New 3DS XL a few years ago in High School. However, I’m trying to update it with 3DS hacks guide but when I boot holding SELECT it goes to the Home Menu. The root of the SD card is pretty messy and I’m not what he initially used to hack my 3DS, but I’m on 11.05 and am not sure if I should update my 3DS to reinstall Luma as that might brick it. In high school I was able to load .CIA’s and make my own theme, and use all the homebrew applications.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Thank you!

calves69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Update: The system software was on 9, so I used the sound hack to load Luma. After doing this and then using Godmode to update to B9S, I got the dreaded ARM11 screen. In the Luma settings turning the option to disable the ARM11 problem results in just a black screen when booting. Any help?

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Dude, just go back into Luma's settings and turn Arm11 exception handling back on. Turning that off doesn't make errors magically go away, it'll just make Luma not display *why* it crashed. Now, which version of Luma are you on, and can you get into GodMode9? (Hold START) Do you have an NTRBoot compatible flashcart?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you can't get into GM9, check your SD card and make sure GM9 is on there. It should be at SD root:/luma/payloads.

Last edited by jeffyTheHomebrewer,

calves69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dude, just go back into Luma's settings and turn Arm11 exception handling back on. Turning that off doesn't make errors magically go away, it'll just make Luma not display *why* it crashed. Now, which version of Luma are you on, and can you get into GodMode9? (Hold START) Do you have an NTRBoot compatible flashcart?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you can't get into GM9, check your SD card and make sure GM9 is on there. It should be at SD root:/luma/payloads.

Thanks for the reply, however I did sort it out yesterday! I was on the latest GM9, Luma, and software. The problem was having more than one file in /luma/payload.

I realised my 3DS has emuNAND and sysNAND running, is there any way to merge my emuNAND account to my sysNAND and then maybe delete the emunand partition to free up space? Or even just delete the emuNAND partition without losing any data in the sysNAND?

Thank you!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply, however I did sort it out yesterday! I was on the latest GM9, Luma, and software. The problem was having more than one file in /luma/payload.

I realised my 3DS has emuNAND and sysNAND running, is there any way to merge my emuNAND account to my sysNAND and then maybe delete the emunand partition to free up space? Or even just delete the emuNAND partition without losing any data in the sysNAND?

Thank you!
There is a moving your emunand to sysnand on the guide. please read https://3ds.hacks.guide/move-emunand about how to do so.

Please backup everything you care about before doing this. it will take out the sysnand items to. so please get everything you need.

Last edited by lone_wolf323,
Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States

Thank you!
That's weird, usually you can have multiple payloads in that folder..

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you!
Depends if you have REDnand or emunand, there should be 2 folders on SD:/3DS folder, and if you have only one it means that your system nand and emunand are merged together. Either way, backup you saves with Checkpoint and SD card files just in case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: