Lost SD card need help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MartinR, Jan 19, 2010.

Jan 19, 2010

Lost SD card need help by MartinR at 5:58 AM (896 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. MartinR
    OP

Newcomer MartinR Member

United States
    Hello, after coming home from college and leaving my Wii at home, my brother decided to steal and wipe my SD card completely so now I am stuck. What do I have to do to be able to play all my games again? Do I have to re mod my Wii or can I just download a file pack and put it on a new SD card. Help desperately needed!

2. codone

Newcomer codone Member

United States
    The SD card only contains Homebrew applications. It really has nothing to do with any modding of your Wii. The homebrew channel, BootMii, will still be on your Wii, as well as any IOS's you might have installed. If you softmodded your Wii, you'll just have to put a USB loader back on the SD card. Then you can run it via the Homebrew channel like before.

Unfortunately, it really sounds like you don't understand much about "modding" the Wii in the first place. It would take me far too long to try to explain what impact your SD card would have on your "modded" Wii, especially without more detailed information about what you are talking about when you say "What do I have to do to be able to play all my games again?". Did you lose games you downloaded (legally) from the Nintendo Store? What "games" are you talking about, and on what media (DVD / USB HD, etc) do they reside?

3. MartinR
    OP

Newcomer MartinR Member

United States
    No, I was wondering because everytime I try to play USB loader GX, the screen just turns black. I have all my games on an External. I ask because I was wondering if I have to reload a USB loader in able for me to play the games? I think you answered my question but arent there other folders on my SD card that I need?

4. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    Your loader .dol file was probably on the sd card hence the black screen.

5. MartinR
    OP

Newcomer MartinR Member

United States
    Ok so besides re downloading the loader is there anything else I need?

6. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    Well we don't know what was on your card! But for the loader if it was using a forwarder channel it would automatically look on your sd card for the .dol file (in the correct location of course)