coldstream

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everyone,

I've been running CFW for quite some while now, and lately i've been looking into emuMMC and the possibility to play online which is amazing for some games.
However, i have lost my original NAND backup due to a very unfortunate HDD crash.

Is there any way i can rebuild a clean NAND? I've got 6 fuses burnt, did all the other FW updated with ChoiDujourNX.

Been out of the loop with a lot of development lately, still wondering if i can rebuild a clean nand and give it a try?

Thanks in advance.

mav2010

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Your best bet is following this guide and going to a firmware below 6.1.0 (everything from 6.1.0 is not supported by this guide). No one knows if this is completely clean and undetectable for Nintendo, but your best bet if you don’t have a backup.

Definitely do a NAND backup BEFORE you start. It is easy to brick your Switch following this guide.

https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I've been running CFW for quite some while now, and lately i've been looking into emuMMC and the possibility to play online which is amazing for some games.
However, i have lost my original NAND backup due to a very unfortunate HDD crash.

Is there any way i can rebuild a clean NAND? I've got 6 fuses burnt, did all the other FW updated with ChoiDujourNX.

Been out of the loop with a lot of development lately, still wondering if i can rebuild a clean nand and give it a try?

Thanks in advance.
For whichever NAND you plan on using for online play, you can probably just run this homebrew app to "clean" it:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/clean-the-nand-of-the-nintendo-switch-haku33-homebrew.548620/

This accomplishes pretty much the same thing as if you were to completely rebuild your NAND using this guide, so it doesn't really matter which one you do. The homebrew app is far simpler, however. Both methods are riskier than restoring a clean NAND backup, but you don't have much of a choice.

mav2010

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For whichever NAND you plan on using for online play, you can probably just run this homebrew app to "clean" it:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/clean-the-nand-of-the-nintendo-switch-haku33-homebrew.548620/

This accomplishes pretty much the same thing as if you were to completely rebuild your NAND using this guide, so it doesn't really matter which one you do. The homebrew app is far simpler, however. Both methods are riskier than restoring a clean NAND backup, but you don't have much of a choice.
Thanks for this, I was not aware that there is a tool for this now!

coldstream

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Me neither, thanks.

So if i'm not mistaken its way easier to just use my current NAND as EmuMMC, clean the same dirty SysNAND with that tool as SysNAND to go online and keep my dirty NAND for offline.
Fuses won't matter as im using AutoRCM and Hekate, so downgrading to 5.x isn't needed?

Thanks guys

mav2010

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you want to go online with sysNAND it has to be on latest firmware anyway. So no options there.

If you want to, you can preserve your fuses. However, this MIGHT involve a higher ban risk. Unfortunately no one knows for sure.

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me neither, thanks.

So if i'm not mistaken its way easier to just use my current NAND as EmuMMC, clean the same dirty SysNAND with that tool as SysNAND to go online and keep my dirty NAND for offline.
Fuses won't matter as im using AutoRCM and Hekate, so downgrading to 5.x isn't needed?

Thanks guys
All of that is current. The cleaned sysNAND will have to be updated to 9.0.1 for use with online play.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you want to go online with sysNAND it has to be on latest firmware anyway. So no options there.

If you want to, you can preserve your fuses. However, this MIGHT involve a higher ban risk. Unfortunately no one knows for sure.
AutoRCM currently carries no ban risk, since BCT verification happens outside Horizon.

coldstream

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, quite a relief after having lost my original NAND.
And for what it's worth it, right now i'm not using it online anyways so it's worth a shot.

Though, do i need to update the "dirty" sysnand to 9.0.1 with ChoiDujourNX and then clean it, or just clean it with Haku33 and let it update officially?

FUZZY123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I´d be interested in the same thing as I´m in the same boat. Would updating to 9.0.1 via choidujour and then cleaning it with the tool before using it normal be an option, or do I just clean the current Firmware I´m on and then update via official Nintendo servers?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1