Lost my DSTT

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by abrack08, Feb 18, 2010.

1. abrack08
    OP

abrack08 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2009
    United States
    Well, I've had a DSTT for a while now, but today I lost it. My girlfriend has one as well, and I suppose we could share it, but I think I'd rather just buy a new one. What is the very best flashcard out right now (don't have a DSi, just a DSphat)?

2. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    CycloDS if you're rich, Acekard2i if you're not.

3. abrack08
    OP

abrack08 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2009
    United States
    Will the Acekard2i work even though I don't have a DSi?

4. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    Agreed!

5. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    It certainly will. I have one even though I only have a DSLite. And it's always nice to be 'future-proof' if you were ever to upgrade to the DSi.

6. abrack08
    OP

abrack08 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2009
    United States
    And I just saw the "Post your questions about which flashcart to buy, along with your criterion" topic, if I had seen that first I wouldn't have made this topic... sorry guys!

Price doesn't really matter, I just want something with good support that will be able to play pretty much every game. Don't care about homebrew or music or anything like that. Seems like every new game that came out I couldn't play on my DSTT, or I had to do something complicated and annoying.

EDIT: And thanks for the quick replies guys, I'm sure you get lots of annoying topics like this

EDIT2: How is the CycloDS better than AK2i? Like I said before, price isn't that important but what does it do better? Is it actually worth $20 more dollars?

7. Dark^'^Knigh

Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2007
    Paradise
    Before anyone answers that, edit your post with your list of "essential" flashcart features/functions from highest to lowest priority.
    For eg. rom compatability, no patching, firmware support, RTC, RTS, etc etc etc - you might be surprised to read what AK2i running AKAIO can actually do. Of course you can easily gleam all of this info yourself from within GBAtemp flashcart review section via homepage, or within the 2 carts individual sub-sections here.

8. zhuzhuchina

zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 17, 2008
    Switzerland
    Shanghai
    just buy a dstti so you still can use dstt save files

9. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    That's not really of importance. All flash carts' save files are pretty much inter-compatible with each other.

10. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    M3 Real

11. The_Hulkster

The_Hulkster GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2008
    Don't mean to hijack this thread but I've been thinking of upgrading from my supercard SD to a newer flashcard.

Don't want to spend too much on it but would like the best compatibility without too much tampering with the games. Figured Acekard 2i would be a good idea but there's so many to choose from...
    I would like to play some snes and nes too...