Lost my DSTT

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by abrack08, Feb 18, 2010.

Feb 18, 2010

Lost my DSTT by abrack08 at 9:03 PM (1,152 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. abrack08
    OP

Newcomer abrack08 Advanced Member

United States
    Well, I've had a DSTT for a while now, but today I lost it. My girlfriend has one as well, and I suppose we could share it, but I think I'd rather just buy a new one. What is the very best flashcard out right now (don't have a DSi, just a DSphat)?

2. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    CycloDS if you're rich, Acekard2i if you're not.

3. abrack08
    OP

United States
    Will the Acekard2i work even though I don't have a DSi?

4. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Agreed!

5. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    It certainly will. I have one even though I only have a DSLite. And it's always nice to be 'future-proof' if you were ever to upgrade to the DSi.

6. abrack08
    OP

United States
    And I just saw the "Post your questions about which flashcart to buy, along with your criterion" topic, if I had seen that first I wouldn't have made this topic... sorry guys!

Price doesn't really matter, I just want something with good support that will be able to play pretty much every game. Don't care about homebrew or music or anything like that. Seems like every new game that came out I couldn't play on my DSTT, or I had to do something complicated and annoying.

EDIT: And thanks for the quick replies guys, I'm sure you get lots of annoying topics like this

EDIT2: How is the CycloDS better than AK2i? Like I said before, price isn't that important but what does it do better? Is it actually worth $20 more dollars?

7. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Before anyone answers that, edit your post with your list of "essential" flashcart features/functions from highest to lowest priority.
    For eg. rom compatability, no patching, firmware support, RTC, RTS, etc etc etc - you might be surprised to read what AK2i running AKAIO can actually do. Of course you can easily gleam all of this info yourself from within GBAtemp flashcart review section via homepage, or within the 2 carts individual sub-sections here.

8. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    just buy a dstti so you still can use dstt save files

9. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    That's not really of importance. All flash carts' save files are pretty much inter-compatible with each other.

10. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
  11. The_Hulkster

Member The_Hulkster GBAtemp Regular

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I've been thinking of upgrading from my supercard SD to a newer flashcard.

Don't want to spend too much on it but would like the best compatibility without too much tampering with the games. Figured Acekard 2i would be a good idea but there's so many to choose from...
    I would like to play some snes and nes too...