Hacking Looking to transfer harddrive between 2 PS3's

Vivisector

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a PS3 FAT with some serious overheating issues that I can't resolve and a dying Bluray drive and every time I use it I worry its going to die. Its running Evilnat Cobra and I got a replacement PS3 slim that I'm looking to run the same firmware on so that I can replace the old PS3 before I lose it forever. I was wondering if it'd be possible to mov3e my existing harddrive over without the PS3 reformatting it and if I'd have to reactivate my license files as I've been putting this off until I know the most hassle-free way to get all my stuff on the new system without having to spend weeks redownloading content from PSN, downloading saves, and reinstalling PKGs and RAP files. Anyone have advice on how to go about this?

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
PS3 hard drives are encrypted with a per console key, so you won't be able to just swap drives. You need to backup all your saves and games to an external hard drive first and then reinstall them to the other PS3. If your games are already on an external HDD it will just work but you don't have other choices for the saves.

One other very experimental method would be to get the EID root key of your PS3 to decrypt the data on the internal drive and then copy games, etc, but I've never tried it and I don't even know how you dump the EID on modern CFW.

Reactions: cearp and zfreeman

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
One other very experimental method would be to get the EID root key of your PS3 to decrypt the data on the internal drive and then copy games, etc, but I've never tried it and I don't even know how you dump the EID on modern CFW.
If we can write PS3 A's ID to PS3 B - letting us load PS3 A's hdd on PS3 B, that would be cool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy