psxboy500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys/gals,

I'm looking to switch over my Wii backups to an external hard drive, and I'm interested in using a USB Loader. I read through the "Bible" that's stickied... but it was a bit of information overload. Looking for a few simple suggestions!

For external hard drives: From your personal experience, which works the best to play Wii Backups? I was thinking about giving the Seagate FreeAgent 500GB model a go, seeing as it's fairly inexpensive. I read through the HD compatibility list and saw some mixed reviews on it. It seems to work fine for some people but not for others. Can anyone confirm using it?

Second: In general, how is the compatibility of Wii Backups using a USB Loader? I currently use WiiGator Loader to play DVD backups. Is the compatibility as far as games go similar? And how about loading speeds?

Forgive me if I've asked these questions in the wrong place. I'm fairly new here.

Thanks!

darktehnub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Launcher_v1
^game compatibility for usb loader

I just switched to usb loader from the latest wiigator loader. It was really easy to setup
smile.gif

deanq4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using backup loader 0.3 gamma before I switched.

I have horrible time with the disc's loading slowly on the wiigator loader. After the switch and some adjustments, it seems to work fine. And seems to load a lot faster. Not to mention, the ease of backing up games. Before it was a painstaking 3-4 hour process of using a special drive and copying the games (the way I did it) then burning it at 1-2x and hope it works. Now, just pop it in the drive and hit install, or use a PC program and copy it to the drive.

As for the drive, I'm sure you saw this
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB...patibility_List

QUOTE said:
Only works if the whole drive is formatted in FAT32 by a 3rd party app(Fat32Format), and then WBFS is installed from the pc as well. In order for the loader to see your partition, hook up the USB but leave the drive unplugged. Boot up the wii and plug in the drive in the HBC. Also be sure to install included software w/ drive and disable power save features before reformatting in WBFS. ---- Multiple partitions DO work fine. Only drawback is the power to the drive has to be plugged in after the wii is turned on for it to see the partition. Did experience lockup twice at various times running Animal Crossing City Folk but it could have been tied to power save feature of drive.

Seems like a lot of hassle. When I got a drive, my thoughts were how big do I really need? Most report that about 30 games is a 100 gig, and who needs 70+ games at one time. Maybe get a smaller drive with less issues. Be careful, I got a 320 that was a tough set-up, but seems to work fine now, only $81 and uses the USB for power so I never have to turn it on or off, just let the Wii do it. (just food for thought)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there