Looking for Nintendo Switch chip installs

Fevirre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use to own a V1 Nintendo switch until it finally died and got the blue screen of death, I've even taken it to retro game stores and apparently they couldn't fix it because it was a "firmware issue"

I did find a temporary fix by gently smacking the back and apparently it would boot just fine until it brought up the blue screen so I ended up throwing the console away

Fast forward to today and I'm interested to mod the switch again but since the exploit was patched on V2 it was gonna be a bit of work for me to even mod a v2, even on my own

I am aware of the hwfly chips and would be glad to solder it on but I'm quite terrified of accidentally breaking a Nintendo switch that I just bought so is there any experienced people or services that can? It probably won't be until like mid July some I'm quite broke for now

I'd much prefer local services instead of country wide but I know local isn't always an option

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Local installer is the way to go. Some people were offering installation services here, but they got cease & desist letters from the big N. If you live in a big enough city, there should be a small shop somewhere that offers smart phone or console repairs. If you bring them the chip, they should be able to do the job.

Reactions: Fevirre

nobody123456789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people sell pre-modded Switches if you know where to look and are willing to pay. If you happen to have friends in a country with weakly enforced copyright laws you can try asking them to find one.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use to own a V1 Nintendo switch until it finally died and got the blue screen of death, I've even taken it to retro game stores and apparently they couldn't fix it because it was a "firmware issue"

I did find a temporary fix by gently smacking the back and apparently it would boot just fine until it brought up the blue screen so I ended up throwing the console away

Fast forward to today and I'm interested to mod the switch again but since the exploit was patched on V2 it was gonna be a bit of work for me to even mod a v2, even on my own

I am aware of the hwfly chips and would be glad to solder it on but I'm quite terrified of accidentally breaking a Nintendo switch that I just bought so is there any experienced people or services that can? It probably won't be until like mid July some I'm quite broke for now

I'd much prefer local services instead of country wide but I know local isn't always an option
All modders got cease and desist letters on this site so you won't find anybody here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.