Hacking Looking for help re-softmodding

Post-Jesus XXX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I first soft modded my Wii about three years ago(it was before system update 4.2 came out) and its worked fine most of that time but I seem to have somehow lost some of the functionality I had when I initially modded. It was so long ago and it was all so new to me that I've forgot most of the the stuff I had to learn to mod my Wii so I was hoping I could get some tips on redoing all my modding. Right now the two biggest issues for me are getting GC backup launcher and WAD manager working again. When I first modded I used the GC backup launcher a lot and made a bunch of multigame backups(on full size DVDR's), and at least a year ago it stopped running the GC backups I made, it won't even get to the screen where it lets you choose the game to run it just gives me errors. Last time I used WAD manager to install a WAD was about a year ago or less. I tried to install a WAD today and it wouldn't mount my SD card. I'd also like to be able to use the disc channel again(I've been launching with Neogamma ever since 4.2 came out out of laziness).

Should I try to work backwards and get these things working again one by one or would it be better to just start all over from the ground up and erase everything on the SD card? Where do I even start? Do either of the issues described sound familiar?

Post-Jesus XXX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just realized I should have posted this on wiihacks instead. I was trying to find where I originally used a guide for hacking, first I assumed it was wiibrew but you aren't allowed to talk about backup launchers and WAD managers there so I figured this would be better. I also just found a guide there that will overwrite all my existing mods and that's pretty much what I was looking for. I was just worried that overwriting my old data could cause problems. However I can't remember how to find out what IOS version(s) I'm currently using which seems to be important.

Time to scour all my drives for an old ass NAND backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night