Hacking Loading NSMBW mods with USB Loader GX?

Ericss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Newer SMBW and other NSMBW mods on my USB drive as wbfs files and they work correctly with CFG Loader, but cause GX to reboot whenever I try to load them. Vanilla unmodded NSMBW doesn't cause this to happen. Any ideas how to fix this?

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I played those titles on usbloader GX without problems. Are you using the last rev of GX? Which ios did you use to load the game?

Ericss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just updated GX to latest and now it gets stuck on a black screen when I load the mods. The rest of the games work as before.

Ericss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something I forgot to add: I have USB Loader GX set up to run when I turn of my Wii or quit a game or app, as I installed a forwarder to it in Priiloader. This might be why USB Loader GX "restarts"; it might be that if I hadn't installed the forwarder, those problematic games would kick me back to the system menu instead.

Anyway, I still haven't been able to get them to work. Any ideas?

Ericss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're saying that the problems might be caused by using the Priiloader forwarder to run GX? Because I don't think that's the case, as running it from the HBC doesn't change anything.

Do you know if there's an updated forwarder, though?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
latst is 5.1 either use vwii fixed edition on wiiu or use 5.1 non fixed. but since it doen't seem to be your problem... i'd use cios d2x-v10-r53-alt for wii, and ... alt vwii for wii-u/vwii and hermes 5.1 rodries mod with:
cIOS 202 [base ios 60]
cIOS 222 [base ios 38]
cIOS 223 [base ios 37]
cIOS 224 [base ios 57]
cIOS 225 [base ios only option given/ don't remember]
cIOS 249 [base ios 56]
cIOS 250 [base ios 57]
THE FIRST 5 CIOSSES ARE NOT FOR WIIU/VWII!!!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I played newer NSMB using USBGX last year without issue.
I don't think priiloader or forwarders have anything to do with it. the loader just launch the game as any other games.

Don't change your cIOS.
v10 r52 (base 56) in slot 249 is fine.

Check that your .wbfs file is not write protected. it could be the issue.
if not protected, I don't know why it doesn't work.

Try another loader to be sure it's a loader issue and not your ISO.

Ericss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. That was it, the problematic game games were write protected. I changed that and it fixed them. It was that simple :blink:

Strangely, though, the problem persists with NSMBW Retro Remix. It's not write protected, yet its banner fails to load on channel view and loading it kicks me to the system menu. On CFG it works correctly.

Ericss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I discovered cause of the problem, all I had to do was set the attribute Archive in properties and NAND emulation to Partial for that game (as opposed to Full, which is the default in my setup). Now all games work on GX. It's really nice to leave my dependency on CFG behind at last.

Thanks for the help guys. And while we're at it, I've been meaning to thank you for giving us as such a handy app for some time, Cyan. I love how it can be used not only as an USB game loader but also as an universal loader for nand channels, emunand channels, and apps. It took CFG ages to add support for most of these features (via unofficial updates), and even today, it still doesn't support all of them. Anyway, I've used GX as a system menu replacement for the last years and I've been really happy with it. So thank you :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Yes.