Load from sd card without CFG USB loader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by pacguy64, Jun 19, 2017.

1. pacguy64
    OP

pacguy64 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2016
    United States
    I'm trying to get brawl mods working with my backup of brawl, but cfg usb loader seems to have an issue loading the mods contents from an sdhc card (i get symptoms mentioned in the faq of the mod that are supposedly caused by this). I don't have access to a wii compatible usb that can hold brawl, so I have to use the sd card.

Are there alternatives to cfg usb loader that can load brawl hacks entirely from an sdhc card? Or does anyone have a version of cfg usb loader that works with brawl hacks? I haven't found much myself, most people just seem to switch to usb loader gx, which isn't an option for me because it can't boot from sd :(

2. Sticksandstones

Sticksandstones GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2015
    United States
    Move RSBE01.gct from your Brawl mod, to sd:/codes
    If gc.txt is present there, move it to your sd:/ root and rename it "gameconfig.txt".
    Enable Ocarina, and set hook to AXNextFrame.

Give that a shot and let me know if it worked.

3. pacguy64
    OP

pacguy64 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2016
    United States
    As it turns out, it was an issue with CFG USB Loader (at least, the version I'm using), or possibly with loading both smash and the mod off of my SDHC card. I fixed it by digging up an 8gb usb and loading brawl off of that through USB Loader GX. Works like a charm now :3

Sticksandstones likes this.