Homebrew LMP-ng 2 alpha problem

dsrules4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i am new i just got the lmp-ng 2 the one with changable skins and when i put it on to my r4ds and load both ds screens go black and it has small white line were the text sould be.but other then that its all just black.
can someone help
yaynds.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the root of your card, create a folder called "lmp-ng" and in this folder create another "skins" folder. There, copy and paste the *.zip files for the skins. Do NOT extract the .zip files.

Then try launching lmp-ng again.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The root is the highest level on your card, and it's "F:\" or "X:\" or whatever letter the memory card is assigned to. For instance, more than likely "C:\" is the root of your hard drive.

Hybridx24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem, just do what DanTheMan said. You could have the .nds file in the root of your card but you have to have an lmp-ng folder with the skin folder in it.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you press Up and Down do you hear it clicking? If so, the program is running fine but just can't find your skins. If not, then you've got a problem booting the program in the first place.

How new is your R4? Have you been keeping the firmware up to date? There's a very small chance that you've got an old firmware that doesn't have automatic DLDI patching, so the program can't read your filesystem to find the skins.

Just to clarify, the following file should exist:
X:\lmp-ng\skins\default.zip

That's an example, with X:\ being the letter of your card and default.zip being the original iPod skin.

dsrules4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
were do i put the nds file i have tryed but putting it on the root then in a folder called ipod but still black

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .nds file can go anywhere. You didn't answer any my questions, so I'm just gonna go ahead and suggest manually patching the *.nds file with the R4 DLDI file. Easiest method of doing this is with DLDIrc aka DLDI Right Click. Install it, right-click the *.nds file, choose the patching option that appears. I don't think it will make a difference, but it's the only thing I can think of at this point other than a bad name.

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dunno if it's just my bad eyes, but that looks like your skins folder is spelled imp-ng, it is supposed to be lmp-ng with an L

jozsua_cruz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
umm....It works for me but I cant switch skins....I know you go to settings then go to skins but there is only default.zip in my file....and I can t open it please help me....
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Nothing like tearing ass up on a back road
    BigOnYa I think narcissism has all but killed love
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I think I can agree on that.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look worse for what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, He truly shared his great knowledge about Switch modding.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    People miss him because he used to be active a lot.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People miss him because he used to be active a lot.