Limited edition Gold EDGE Kit give-away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hankchill said:
Here is my entry to the competition:

[3622]retro_edge.png

Prove your L33tness on your Nintendo DS with a classic Atari 2600 look and feel!

Download Here
o0o, I'm liking this one.
And it's not even flashy. -hint hint-

El Blacksheep

Trophies
Website
tryorke.no-ip.info
XP
Country
United States
Triforce said:
90% or more of the skins I've looked at over the posts seem to be all made from images taken off the internet. Are there no rules on this?
I think judges should understand in a style competition it's really unfair to use someone else's graphics.

Most people (just like on ndsthemes) will make their skins from resized wallpaper backgrounds and steal icons off the net. Will this sort of thing be taken into consideration, and how will the judges know if the skin is made from original graphics or not?

People that do draw everything themselves should really note so in the post because it brings attention that you didn't just take artwork and resize, crop, cut/paste a skin together with really no effort at all.

Sorry to moan about it, i just think that every post should note if the skin they create is original, or someone else's artwork
happy.gif

could we get some official word on this please?
i was excited to jump into photoshop and render some interesting designs, but if people are just going to steal work from the net and claim it as their own then why even bother with originality :/

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
El Blacksheep said:
i was excited to jump into photoshop and render some interesting designs, but if people are just going to steal work from the net and claim it as their own then why even bother with originality :/

I agree with El Blacksheep on this, there's too much downloading of pictures from the internet and using the entire thing as a backdrop for your skin -- It shows no creative value at all, it just goes to show you can resize a picture. That's why I thought to myself and gave a theme to my skin, while drawing it myself pixel by pixel, to give it that Atari feel. My skin is also based of an Atari game, betcha can't guess which one
wink.gif

Votkrath

Trophies
XP
Country
hankchill said:
El Blacksheep said:

I agree with El Blacksheep on this, there's too much downloading of pictures from the internet and using the entire thing as a backdrop for your skin -- It shows no creative value at all, it just goes to show you can resize a picture. That's why I thought to myself and gave a theme to my skin, while drawing it myself pixel by pixel, to give it that Atari feel. My skin is also based of an Atari game, betcha can't guess which one
wink.gif

Oh, your really a fast working, doing that for me should have taken a day just to make the DS pixel by pixel.
ohmy.gif

Anyway, good job on the skin!

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the staff will be judging on creativity first and foremost and a majority of slap on skins are easy to tell apart.
For other potential slap on skins...hmm, hard to tell unless we ask everyone to submit work in progress files or something.
Or other members happen to know where the original work came from.

m41n3y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hideous said:

Download Skin

Hope I get in that top 20. No plagiarism on this one, boys
smile.gif

Hideous, how did you make a preview like that?

and also, i really dont want my work being stolen and reused as an entry seeing as theres no way to stop it from being stolen as we have to put the download link on here.

Is there a way around this? Like posting up the preview but not the dl link or something.

Im fine with either way but i would prefer not to get work plaguerised.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But even when plagiarizing, you still need to do something,
or else you wouldn't even win.
I had to crop the SC screen, rearrange the tech things, and keep transfrring back and forth through my little netbook, for i didnt want to install .net
It took roughly 1 and a half hours.
If i just grabbed a screen with SC on it, set it as a background, it woulda just looked weird, and not as good.
also, thanks, nitrodude150.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.