Lightake ripped me off

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by Pyrate02, Mar 4, 2012.

Mar 4, 2012

Lightake ripped me off by Pyrate02 at 1:35 AM (2,377 Views / 3 Likes) 21 replies

1. Pyrate02
    OP

Member Pyrate02 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    UPDATE: Lightake finally sent me two replacements - it took them a while but they made good on it, unlike what happened to me with "Shoptemp" when they were a store a while back.

Accordingly, I am withdrawing my negative post and am again recommending them.

3 people like this.

2. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I've been trying to tell people about them and their crappy customer service for about 2 months now. They sent me the wrong item twice in a row one time. Sandy, who does the customer service, is dumb as a bunch of rocks. It seems like they have more than a few people there, and the communication is minimal when any kind of problem pops up. Both times with this issue it took 1 day in between emails and it took a week just to get her to understand she sent the wrong item. Now, I do most of my business at eachgame.hk and I couldn't be happier. I hope lightake.com blows up! :D

3 people like this.
  3. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

4. Psionic Roshambo

Member Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Thanks for the link to that place, I am going to get a couple of R4i Golds now (price seems cheap!) and its nice to know they are reliable.

Love Wood firmware on my old M3 Simply but it lacks SDHC, and I only have one non SDHC micro SD card thats pretty small.... lol

To the OP sorry to hear about that place :( Thank you for posting this though, never know when you could be saving some one else from the same fate.

2 people like this.
  5. jarejare3

Member jarejare3 PROFILE CHANGE!

Malaysia
    I will be more carefull about lightake, thanks for the info! :yay:

4 people like this.
  6. jimmyemunoz

United States
    2 people like this.
  7. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I used lighttake a few month back to buy one of the ps3 hacking dongles and I only bought 1 and they ended up sending me 4! It seems their mistake worked in my favor. One of their employees uses this site (gbatemp) and she is called "lightake" maybe chat to her about it?

1 person likes this.
  8. jimmyemunoz

United States
    I think you are referring to Lightake_Jerry?

1 person likes this.
  9. Valwin

Banned Valwin The Neautral Gamer

United States
    i got from them like 15 R4 till this day and never have a problem with them is the only site i ever buy them from

10. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    I've never had a problem with lightake either and I buy from the frequently.

11. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    perhaps they just misplaced your item? jan is a pretty busy month with all the holiday orders going out. the chinese post slows to a crawl around this time.

-another world

3 people like this.
  12. mjax

Member mjax GBAtemp Fan

Thanks for the headup, perhaps that explains the delay in receiving my package from another store... Tracking it reflected that it had been in Hongkong for 12 days. It only moved day before yesterday.

13. C-Kronos

Member C-Kronos GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you're in the United States, I highly recommend using a site like realhotstuff if you can, they're legit and they're really fast with shipping. Heck, their shipping is fast even when you're using free shipping options.

Thanks for letting us know about that site though, I'll be sure to steer clear of them. You should post a review on sites that are specifically for reviews to prevent more people from being ripped off.

14. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    same here

15. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Delivery times are always a problem if you use the cheapest option available. It doesn't matter where you buy your items from. If they use HK Post with normal deliveries the items are bound to be about 2-6 weeks in postage. Sometimes less, but considering the holiday period in China, it may even be that your order wasn't shipped in a few weeks because of the postal service, not the shop.

Go for UPS/DHL/whatever if you want your order in a matter of days. Just have to pay extra for it..

16. tigris

Member tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

United Kingdom
    I'm still waiting for a sample response from Jerry

17. jimmyemunoz

United States
    Yeah, I'd love to hear what he has to say also. I was a repeat customer until all this happened.

1 person likes this.
  18. insidexdeath

Member insidexdeath .

United Kingdom
    I once ordered from lightake and R4i Gold 3DS on December and the package arrived few days ago. Now I am convinced not to deal with Lightake anymore..

1 person likes this.
  19. tigris

Member tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

United Kingdom
    No joke, they shipped us two FAKE R4i Golds. (And a real one)

1 person likes this.
  20. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    how do you know they were fake? there are many r4i golds, did you not get 3 of the same card? what issues did you experience with the 2 cards?

@[member='insidexdeath']: again... the chinese holiday post slows to a crawl between december and january. it happens every year. they use cheap air mail, which already will take 2-4 weeks. this is expected and pretty much every chinese flash kit site that offered free or cheap shipping used this slow method. around the holdiays that 2-4 weeks becomes 4-12 weeks. you can't blame them for the post, unless your package was post marked like a few days ago. then they obviously waited to mail it out and that would be an issue worth griping over.

-another world