What a Digital Dummy!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else get a garbled screen when they run the program? I downloaded the alpha 2 version from GBATemps 30 top homebrew apps thread here and when I run it it is just black and the names of the songs are all garbled. The songs play but the GUI is all messed up and no picture of the ipod and the click wheel is there, it's just all black. >.> Anyone else experience this? The older version works fine but has no skin support and in the movie of it on GBATemp's thread it shows the newer version has "video" and "picture" options as well so I thought I would give the new version a try so I can get the most features but doesn't seem to be working well. Anyone get it working and with what card?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newest version doesn't have video support, probably not image support either.

On the root of your card, create a "lmp-ng" folder. In that, create a "skins" folder. In that, place at least one skin in .zip format; don't extract them.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip danthemanms but in the video on GBATemp it showed that it did have a video option.

And ya, ndpndnt16, I guess the new version doesn't work at all.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
no it can't play any video. and i'm certain it's the skin problem, do what DanTheManMS described.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There may be "video" and "picture" menus but that doesn't mean that it has video and image support. I'm positive that you cannot play videos in lmp-ng at all.

Regardless, I'm using the Alpha 2 version on my Supercard miniSD just fine. If the folder hierarchy didn't work, then my guess is either card corruption or a bad DLDI file.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There may be "video" and "picture" menus but that doesn't mean that it has video and image support. I'm positive that you cannot play videos in lmp-ng at all.

Regardless, I'm using the Alpha 2 version on my Supercard miniSD just fine. If the folder hierarchy didn't work, then my guess is either card corruption or a bad DLDI file.
According to the information I got on this thread, Alpha 2 version only works on supercard products. Also, the folder thing for the skins you told me doesn't work. It isn't card corruption as I have lots of ROMs and lots of homebrew that work perfectly. It's also not a bad DLDI file as I can get all my other homebrew working perfectly. Don't know what to do now. >.>

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMP-ng doesn't work well with DLDI drivers that don't handle unaligned reads and writes. Have you run the DLDI tester application to see if yours does? And have you run your microSD card through CHKDSK to be sure there's no card corruption?

Granted, I doubt that's the issue, but it's one of the only things I can think of. I'm at a loss as to why it isn't working for you, unless you named the folder "lmp_ng" instead of "lmp-ng" or zipped the skin yourself with an incompatible compression type or something.

Sorry I can't help out more. =/

EDIT: just for the record, what device do you have?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help DanTheManMS. The skin feature isn't a big deal for me so now worries here. And since you said the alpha 2 version can't play videos then it's not a big deal if it's not working. I have a GBAMP and Acekard RPG and I tested it on both and none worked. It isn't a big deal. Thanks anyway.
nyanya.gif

PS: What skins do you use? Maybe it is the bad skins that I have? I got mine off of dilldoe.com.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The older versions had those menu options even though they weren't functional. They were probably there just to more fully emulate the look of an iPod, and were taken out of the newer versions since they didn't need to be there.

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
i can't seem to get the music to playback properly on my supercard lite - the music becomes all choppy

(it is patched properly with Sclt.dldi)

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try patching with SCSD_moon.dldi instead, or Barni's Supercard Rumble DLDI file if that fails.

If you're using the automatic DLDI patching, that's the issue there, as the dldi.scp file that comes with the 1.84 firmware download doesn't like lmp-ng too much and has those song skipping issues. Deleting it and using a different DLDI file renamed to dldi.scp should fix the problem.

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
Try patching with SCSD_moon.dldi instead, or Barni's Supercard Rumble DLDI file if that fails.

If you're using the automatic DLDI patching, that's the issue there, as the dldi.scp file that comes with the 1.84 firmware download doesn't like lmp-ng too much and has those song skipping issues. Deleting it and using a different DLDI file renamed to dldi.scp should fix the problem.
hmm non of the other DLDI files seem to fix the problem, but thanks for the suggestion.

it's not really a big deal as i doubt i'm going to start using my DS as a MP3 player, but it was more about the technical challenge of getting it to work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended