Torus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi y'all,

The Xbox One has a huge catalogue of undocumented / obscure hardware accessories, which I would like to reverse engineer and document, releasing all the discoveries to the public. So I've decided to launch a small crowdfunding to see if there's community interest in analysing the hardware and software of these devices, starting with the "Xbox One Device Transfer":

1671405468140.png

Device Transfer Block connected to an Xbox One X devkit.

Microsoft talked briefly about this device in the following interview: https://www.gamedeveloper.com/busin...box-project-scorpio-and-its-brand-new-dev-kit

Some previous public work I've done on Xbox One: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-hardmod-xbox-one-silverton-and-dump-nand-memory.607875/

The goal was reached so I'll be documenting this device in the coming month

So I've set up a Ko-Fi page and that's my goal! If I can get my hands on one of these devices, I will dissassemble it, take pictures/scans of the hardware inside, and reverse engineer publicly available tools that control this device (If you have a $19 SRA devkit, it contains some of these tools). You can donate to the crowdfunding here:
The goal is the price of one of these devices being sold online, plus fees and shipping taxes that might be applied, totalling $40. Any extra donations will be saved towards the next hardware to analyse / reverse engineer.

Thanks! ^^

Last edited by Torus,

Torus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
What is the point in reverse engineering this?

1. Preservation. If you know how this device works, feel free to document it. I want to discover what's inside, what design and HW they used.

2. Hacking. The system communicates w/ the device and has dedicated drivers for it. Possible entrypoint

Anyways, we've already reached the goal. So hopefully I am going to be able to work on it sooner or later

XboxModder2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
1. Preservation. If you know how this device works, feel free to document it. I want to discover what's inside, what design and HW they used.

2. Hacking. The system communicates w/ the device and has dedicated drivers for it. Possible entrypoint

Anyways, we've already reached the goal. So hopefully I am going to be able to work on it sooner or later
isn't this only used for xbox devolopers kit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021