Lego Dimensions EUR - Firmware level?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by dexter9, Nov 9, 2015.

1. dexter9
    OP

dexter9 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2007
    United States
    Hi there,

I have a Wii U thats on a very low firmware (2.0.1). My son is looking for Lego Dimensions for Christmas and I am concerned that the disk will update the WiiU beyond 5.3.2

I have checked the list of firmware leves on this forum but there is no entry for that game. Can anybody let me know which firmware update is on the Lego Dimensions EUR disc?

If it will, do I have any options (i.e. firmware spoofing) that will allow us to play the game but keep the WiiU from updating to the newer firmwares?

Thanks!

Last edited by dexter9, Nov 9, 2015
  2. Cyberevan

Cyberevan Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2014
    Manila, Philippines
    Most probably it will be ABOVE 5.3.2 as the game was released just this september and the latest system update was August.. as far as I know there is no firmware spoofing available for the lower FW, only in 5.3.2... So your only option is to update to 5.3.2 using Mario Party 10/Splatoon then spoof to 5.5.0 to play lego dimensions or you can wait for the upcoming IOSU...

Last edited by Cyberevan, Nov 10, 2015
  3. stsaerox

stsaerox As old as the NES

Aug 11, 2012
    Greece
    IOSU will only be available for 5.2.1> and not for 5.3.2 ? Is it true?

4. matice

matice Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    Italy
    not true
    they are working on a 5.50 iosu

5. oumoumad

oumoumad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    Hykem's IOSU bug works up to 5.5.0.

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    to answer your question, yeah if you get hold of a game with 5.3.2 on you can then spoof to 5.5.0 so even if the game requires higher than 5.3.2 you can still play it and keep compatibility with the currently available hacks