Left Bumper Problems

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Svorax, Aug 21, 2009.

Aug 21, 2009

Left Bumper Problems by Svorax at 9:46 PM (1,222 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Svorax
    OP

Newcomer Svorax Member

United States
    Hey so my nds phat's left bumper is acting kind of odd. When pressed, it may respond, it may not. If I jiggle the button around a little, it will pick up on it, but the ds will think I'm pressing it multiple times... if that makes any sense to anyone. I ordered a triwing screwdriver from dealextreme and popped it open only to find nothing visibly wrong. Put it back together and its still not responding correctly. That would tell me I need a replacement tactile switch; am I right? Are there replacements available for purchase especially for nds? What does this sound like to you?

2. Arizato

Member Arizato Memento Mori

Sweden
  3. Svorax
    OP

Newcomer Svorax Member

United States
    Yeah, I see what your saying -- good idea actually. I did this with pieces of index cards awhile back to give my SNES controller some of it's playability back. But I pretty sure this isn't the problem. I opened it up again examined the "plastic jabby part" and it doesn't seem broken or too short or anything. I also finished putting it back together without the left bumper to test the switch itself. Doesn't seem to be non-responsive now...

4. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    its a connection problem.
    i fixed ine. on the l button (if you take it out) theres a little hole. this is the area where it touches the rubber pad to the button.
    what i did was snip a little piece of a toothepick and pusched it into the whole. put your ds together and should work fine. the little piece of a toothpick will make the button push in more therefore increasing conection.

5. Fabis94

Member Fabis94 Xbawx playa

Latvia
    Oh the Shoulder button bug is a bitch. I had my DSlite only for like 2 months and it started. At first blowing in works, but after some time the blowing in lasts for less time. I just gave up and played games without it. I'm glad my DSi doesn't have this problem.