Serial Experiments Lain
Serial Experiments Lain is a 1998 anime by Chiaki J. Konaka, and Yoshitoshi Abe, directed by Ryūtarō Nakamura. It follows a girl named Lain, who essentially becomes a god of the internet (or Wired as it’s called in the show). As she progresses to attaining this level of deity, she faces many who wish to do her harm in order to fulfill an obscure prophecy.

This group aims to be about anything related to Serial Experiments Lain, whether it be discussion, fan art, theories, memes etc. this is a very open ended group.
Serial Experiments Lain
Serial Experiments Lain

Lainpack

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nagarjuna
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 62
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Likes Likes 4

Did you get that profile pic from the collection? I've seen it in there
Correct!

As for the Windows XP boot screen that came packaged, it only worked on the RTM version and not the latest Service Pack 3. I ended up extracting the bitmaps from the modified members only file and importing it into the new one, and this is how it came out.

Not sure if the colours are supposed to be like that, but it'll do. :)

VirtualBox_Windows xp_26_05_2025_08_51_26.png
 
Last edited by SylverReZ,
  • Like
Reactions: Nagarjuna
Correct!

As for the Windows XP boot screen that came packaged, it only worked on the RTM version and not the latest Service Pack 3. I ended up extracting the bitmaps from the modified members only file and importing it into the new one, and this is how it came out.

Not sure if the colours are supposed to be like that, but it'll do. :)

View attachment 507391
That actually looks correct for an XP bootscreen, I think it only supported 16bit color palette. I've wondered what it's looked like for years, thank you for that!

I've heard talk on IRC of an updated lainpack coming out soon (or is already out?) but haven't found anything. If I hear more talk or get my hands on it I'll link it here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SylverReZ

Group statistics

Group owner:
Plazorn
Members:
33
Threads:
10
Messages:
111
Photos:
1

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted