Kony 2012. *Please Watch*

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
So the whole Kony thing is complete Bullshit? Sure smells like it.
Your nose is broken. The controversy is regarding the campaign and where the money is actually going to, not Kony himself. He is a heinous war criminal.
So my nose was right on then. You assumed I was talking about Kony himself when I meant the movement. You spoony bard.
Well that depends on where you stand on the issue. Calling it "complete bullshit" is a bit rash.

Sorry, I was a bit harsh. I want to support this and I seen many charitable organizations make promises to solve many issues in Africa and they have failed. Furthermore, only 30% of the donations going toward the actual safeguarding of these children pisses me off even more. Demanding that the U.S. step in is absolutely ludicrous. The USA policing the world has contributed partly to this shitstorm. Everything the Invisible Children organization is asking for is undoable. If they want Joseph Kony dead/arrested, strap a fucking AK-47 around your own shoulders and do it yourself.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope Kony gets brought to justice. Someone such as himself does not deserve to live after what he has done.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Where's SEAL Team 6 when you need 'em?

Also, money aside, they're being very intelligent about this.

After all, the best time to make the public's voice heard is when the bloody politicians need a couple million votes to plunk their ass on to the Iron ThroneWhite House. Or something... :unsure:

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
You guys realize that this man has been hunted since 2006, right? The International Criminal Court has been seeking this man's capture or death. The world has been doing as much as they reasonably can. As has already been stated, Invisible Children is a bit of a backwards cause. They don't seem to know where their priorities are. Not to mention the US is already in Uganda. They're just taking a more reasonable approach. Sending in thousands of soldiers will simply make their mission all the more difficult, in matters that are not entirely up to the US to solve.

This KONY 2012 stuff is pretty much the definition of bullshit, and the number of people buying into it with misplaced sympathy is astounding.

Reactions: 6 people

donaldgx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys realize that this man has been hunted since 2006, right? The International Criminal Court has been seeking this man's capture or death. The world has been doing as much as they reasonably can. As has already been stated, Invisible Children is a bit of a backwards cause. They don't seem to know where their priorities are. Not to mention the US is already in Uganda. They're just taking a more reasonable approach. Sending in thousands of soldiers will simply make their mission all the more difficult, in matters that are not entirely up to the US to solve.

This KONY 2012 stuff is pretty much the definition of bullshit, and the number of people buying into it with misplaced sympathy is astounding.
Exactly, do people really think that the UN or any international police wouldn't know about the existence of this individual? :S I don't know why they expect for the US to send a full military force. Y_Y

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hate how everybody watched this 30 minute video and all of a sudden they became social activists
Redditor?

I agree with you though. My friend also showed me this, which made me laugh:
36h3y9.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Izzy011

The Business Bitch
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate how everybody watched this 30 minute video and all of a sudden they became social activists
Redditor?

I agree with you though. My friend also showed me this, which made me laugh:
36h3y9.jpg
I would never go to Reddit. or 9gag.

There was a link posted in this thread earlier that pretty much shows how Invisible Children is full of bullshit

Shromz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad people are starting to become aware, The group came to my school about a year ago and we watched a different video though. Thanks for posting

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it made TV News so it's getting some attention, however it does go hand in hand with criticism, amongst which (and not including the fact that many observers believe this to be a bit pointless in light of the nature of the problem and it's history) include -

However, Invisible Children was accused of spending most of its raised funds on salaries, travel expenses and film-making.
Bloggers also pointed out that NGO watchdog Charity Navigator had given the group only two out of four stars for financial accountability.
And an article in Foreign Affairs which accused Invisible Children and other non-profits of having "manipulated facts for strategic purposes" was circulated on the web.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17295078

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
Slapping handcuffs on Kony will not magically make the situation better. African warlords are a dime a dozen - get rid of Kony, someone just as reprehensible will fill the void.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You don't have to support the organization itself but you should at least support the concept of stopping this guy and you can do that by informing people. Just because you promote a video doesn't mean you're supporting the organization, you can be promoting the video for the sole purpose of supporting the idea. I do not really see any organizations besides Invisible Children making as much noise about it.
Like I said, I do support the campaign.

Libertarian94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kony is one out of millions, and he isn't even the worst down there, he just have a name that's easy to marketize.
I would also like to point out that the hipsters that made the video had a picture taken with the Sudan Army, which have used child soldiers.
And lets not forget that there where recently found lots of oil in Uganda, the country that IC pushes for the invasion of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: