Killzone 2 or Resistance 2?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Sportsmaniac1322, Dec 10, 2009.

Dec 10, 2009
  1. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'm getting a PS3 this Christmas, and I'm obviously getting some games as well. I'm having a hard time deciding between Resistance 2 and Killzone 2, though, so I figured I'd get some other people's opinions.

The campaign modes of both games is really what my decision is based on. I know I'll get solid multiplayer from both. So for the people that have played both games, could you give me your opinion on which campaign is better, and give the similarities and differences between both? Also, I want to know how good the story is for both games. I love a game with a great story!!

2. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    I'm going to have to go with Resistance 2, the storyline on Resistance 2 was amazing, breathtaking and just damn right awesome, can't say the same for Killzone 2 however, felt REALLY repetitive, like everything just looked the same, kind of "dull" graphics if you get what i mean, (kind of like world at War, just makes you feel a bit depressed.) hasn't really got the "Whoa" factor, only reason i kept on with the story after the first act was for the trophies, wasn't too impressed on the multi-player either to be honest, just didn't feel up-to the standards that it should of been based on the amount of hype this got. Resistance on the other hand... Where to start... Story was one of the best i'd played in years (Excluding MGS4 of course.) Wasn't so short as Killzone's was, took some knuckled down days to complete it, don't need to have played Resistance 1 to understand the story, could say the same about Killzone 1 though. Multiplayer in Resistance was pretty damn sexy.

3. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Resistance 2 for me just out weighs KZ2

Both games are good, but if you really want to put your money down its Resistance.

Can't really say much about the multiplayer, i never tried it. :l But you will like the game itself.

4. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

United States
    Wow, I was really expecting Killzone to win this one because all the people I've talked to have told me Killzone. This gives me something to think about. Any other opinions?

5. Keeley

Member Keeley GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Resistance 2 FTW, the story was great IMO but I really loved the multiplayer and it has splitscreen coop even better! [​IMG]

6. DEagleson

Member DEagleson Gamer Extraordinaire

Norway
    Both games are awesome, and Killzone 2 has 32 player online.
    But then again, Resistance 2 is good too, and i think its much better on singleplayer and coop.

7. Ame16787

Member Ame16787 GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Played them both and i prefer killzone 2 mainly for online which is much deeper and intensive! too bad that in resistance 2 you once could have 2 players online each with his own progress, a feature that was killed later on so now only only the first player is able to progress.

8. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Killzone 2 walks all over resistance 2 online and single player, I own them both.

Killzone 2 online play is awesome it's up there with cod mw2 online play for me.

9. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Fanboy much?

Also, another thing to note, Resistance has 30 v 30 online matches.
    For reference, i took back my copy of Killzone after i completed the SP, only reason it got hyped up was because it was Sony's product and they hyped it up everywhere.

10. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    @ Luke_C - Thats his opinion, how is he a fanboy? I disagree with him 100%, but still.

OP, whatever you do, don't get KZ2. My god was that game awful, and IMO, a complete waste of $65. It was garbage and the only thing some people praise about it is the graphics, even those I found to be a bit bland.

Resistance 2 is better, but not by much. Why don't you get Uncharted 2?

11. Finishoff

Member Finishoff GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Gamefly had a copy of the two games used for 17 bucks each last week. Pretty good deal so I snagged both copies.

The campaign in Killzone 2 is lacking compared to Resistance's campaign. But both online line gameplay is fun.

12. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

United States
    I'm asking for a lot of games for Christmas. Here's my lineup of the games I'm asking for:

Uncharted 2
    LittleBigPlanet
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Killzone 2 or Resistance 2

Basically 4 games is the limit that I can ask for, and I'm getting the other 3 games for sure, but I need to decide between these two. In the end, it really comes down to which I'll get first, because eventually I'll go out and get the other one anyways [​IMG].

13. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    actually it was because of the gfx

and it does look so dam good in HD if I do say so myself

@op, there is a killzone 2 demo from the PSN store, so you can try it out and see if you like it

though I will say resistance 2 is very good

also did you get uncharted 1 yet?

14. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    The 'L and C' in my name for starters isn't capitalised, and he's saying Resistance 2 is rubbish because he probably doesn't have it for starters or just prefers KZ2.

15. martin88

Member martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Did you even read his post you quoted? He says he owns both of them. And if he "just prefers" Killzone 2, I don't see why he's not entitled to his opinion without being called a fanboy.

16. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    I actually really enjoyed KZ2, found it really fun and the storyline wasn't that bad. The ending was a little "errm... wut?" though.

17. pitoui

Member pitoui GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Resistance 2 for me.

I've got both and to be honest with you I did stop playing Res 2 for KZ2 for a while. But now that the dust has settled I'd play Res 2 any day over KZ2.

18. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    Oh boo-hoo. Get over yourself. Go back and read his post before trolling people.

19. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Well I have both games and to be honest both are pretty darn awesome.

Why limit yourself to just one of them? They are both pretty cheap now, and if you get pre-owned copies they will cost far less then one brand new game.

(also stop bickering over nothing guys for Gods sake)

20. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Yeah they are cheap, I got them both for £20