STANirvanaIND

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Everyone,

Bit of background, I've had a 4.5 OFW 3DS XL with Gateway since their initial release, which I setup an EmuNAND on and have used both Gateway and Classic mode with it. Recently with DGing becoming (easily) available through sysUpdater I picked up a n3DS XL and have successfully downgraded it to 9.2 with EmuNAND updated to 10.5 and CTRBootManager setup for a couple different CFWs. Following that I did a successful system transfer (EmuNAND to EmuNAND) and everything appears to be working well.

My issue is of course that all the (newer) games I created saves on my old system with are now incompatible with my n3DS due to the differing save encryption (specifically for Pokemon retail cartridges, gateway save conversion isn't much of an issue). As far as I can tell the easiest way to convert my saves over would be to setup CFW on my o3DS and use savedatafiler to export an unencrypted save to my o3DS SD, copy the files to my n3DS microSD, then re-import them to the game cartridge on my n3DS (thus using the new save encryption), is this correct? I'd love to avoid having to setup CFW on my o3DS since having a SysNAND on 4.5 seems to make it a bit more of a hassle and I'd like to keep it pretty much "stock" (plus the unit itself is essentially going into cold storage), but if it has to be done than so be it.

Thanks in advance for any possible help/insight.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by Flame,

STANirvanaIND

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply Flame, that REALLY sucks (hopefully I can avoid it). Aside from the GUI, would their really be a difference in using "save manager" vs savedatafiler, since either way I'm still setting up CFW on my o3DS to export the save? I already have a full cartridge dump (since they're Type2) of each game so ideally if I do royally screw something up I can restore that backup and give it another shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We are VR Troopers lol +1