Kernel Exploit Works on PS5

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its anything like how the PS4 exploits are on the latest approved firmware, I don't know. There needs to be more app based exploits, not random web pages that can be taken down.
Webpages are a perfectly fine entrypoint. Many people are saying this. There's no risk for DMCA or FBI takedown, as there's already several hosts out there, and you can self host at any time. The PS5 does not have a web browser app, but it still exists for captive portals, login pages, manuals, etc. There's no doubt in my mind that hackers will continue to use the browser.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was released on November 2006 and it wasn't hacked until 2010, I'd say it was fairly hackproof.

Almost any other console (maybe Saturn's Kai would the exception) was hacked in less time. Playstation 4 Cturt's 1.76 kxploit took 3 years, for example.
You're completely missing my point (Also, no matter how you slice it, "fairly hackproof" was still not hackproof. But I digress, that point is really neither here nor there). Sony thought they had stopped hacking from being possible entirely with the PS3, yet here we are 2 generations later and...

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You're completely missing my point (Also, no matter how you slice it, "fairly hackproof" was still not hackproof. But I digress, that point is really neither here nor there). Sony thought they had stopped hacking from being possible entirely with the PS3, yet here we are 2 generations later and...
Let's say it was hackproof enough to make the console profitable. Which is the point of the protection.

It is like Denuvo. As long as it holds the piracy a few months, it makes sense, since 90%+ of the sales will be done in those months.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's say it was hackproof enough to make the console profitable. Which is the point of the protection.

It is like Denuvo. As long as it holds the piracy a few months, it makes sense, since 90%+ of the sales will be done in those months.
Again, that is neither here nor there to the actual point I was making: Sony claimed 2 generations ago that there current system was completely impenetrable, as if they had completely conquered hacking forever, and no Playstation system then or later would ever be able to be hacked. They were cocky and flat out wrong. Not only was the PS3 hacked, but so too was the PS4 and now even the PS5.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to play PS2 games on a hacked PS5? It's possible on PS4, anyway.

The fact that PS3 and PS4 can run/play PS2 is pretty cool, so hopefully PS5 can do it, too.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to play PS2 games on a hacked PS5? It's possible on PS4, anyway.

The fact that PS3 and PS4 can run/play PS2 is pretty cool, so hopefully PS5 can do it, too.
Yes, ps2 emulation on the ps4 is done by the games themselves, each game has its own emulator and we use existing ones, so emulation isn't perfect.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a few things here that don't make sense...
  • Bank account close to 0. "I'll buy PS5's that aren't cheap instead of the things I listed that I need to pay for :wacko:
  • You have failed to realise I don't actually care. All I said is that It's immoral, as other people can't have what they want.
  • Edited to put this in - The fact you've taken the time to reply like that, is enough for me to know you're the hurt one.
Again, I'll suggest cryptocurrency if you're living that close to the breadline. It's an easy way to make way more than $1200 a year if you're willing to learn how to trade properly. Even holding might just do it if you invest enough start up into the right thing.

Or possible alternatives:
  • Sell the car and that solves insurance and Gas.
  • Sell the pets and that solves pet bills.
  • Apply for higher paid jobs which solves everyone's problems. I.E. All bills paid, no scalping so others can have what they want.
Living beyond ones means springs to mind. Hope you're okay x
Buying and scalping consoles will only last for a limited time. Some will end up with a decent payout, while others end up with consoles they'll have to sell at a loss.

It's their money, I wouldn't care. Well, unless it was a family member who was stupid enough to lose his/her money, but I've learned not to lend money to relatives. My credit score got burned for doing that.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've managed to get both a Series X and a PS5 this year at retail prices and without using bots or anything, the X back in the summer and the PS5 just before Xmas.
Personally would never buy from a scalper but as my PS5 is still unopened in the delivery packaging if someone offered me a decent profit on it i'd let it go, no problem.

schatzi24

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have tried the nightkinghost.com for 9.00 and when click Goldhen 2.0b2 come the message not enought space and i can't insert the USB Stick with exfat hax,also no JB for PS5 :-(

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have tried the nightkinghost.com for 9.00 and when click Goldhen 2.0b2 come the message not enought space and i can't insert the USB Stick with exfat hax,also no JB for PS5 :-(
Only the oob exfat kernel exploit is working on PS5, you also need an usermode exploit to trigger it. So it is not usable yet.

Reactions: schatzi24

schatzi24

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know someone in private have the webkit exploit from sleirsgoevy that work on PS5.
I don't need backups for PS5 games,i only will use my externe PS4 Games Fpkg on PS5 and sell my PS4 Pro for other people that need a 9.00 Pro(-:

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've managed to get both a Series X and a PS5 this year at retail prices and without using bots or anything, the X back in the summer and the PS5 just before Xmas.
Personally would never buy from a scalper but as my PS5 is still unopened in the delivery packaging if someone offered me a decent profit on it i'd let it go, no problem.
Congrats.

The only game I'd want to play on a PS5 is GT7 so not in a rush to do so.

I'd hope they'd remove the always online "feature," but doesn't look like it'll happen and somehow that's the "future" and "progress" of gaming. Making games restrictive is now going forward somehow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?