Keeping HBC and Backup Loader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by CPhantom, Apr 25, 2009.

Apr 25, 2009
  1. CPhantom
    OP

Member CPhantom The Noob :(

United States
    So, currently I have my Wii updated to 3.4U, and have the HBC and Backup Loader installed. However, my family wants to update to 4.0U to get all the extra stuff and some channels. I don't know if turning my Wiiconnect24 on will effect this in any way. Say, if I go to the shop...will it auto update to 4.0U from 3.4U? Or would it be possible to turn it on and say...download the WiiSpeak channel and get online with Animal Crossing while staying in 3.4U?

Or, on the other hand, is it GOOD to update to 4.0U? I mean, the stuff coming out for it currently looks pretty tight, but I don't wanna lose all my HBC stuff, or my Backup capability. I also don't know if this would BRICK the wii or anything, so it has me nervous to even think of updating.

If anyone could help me out on this, it'd be great! Please, pros, cons, or just general capability with 4.0U updates.

Thanks!

2. Apekop

Member Apekop GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    theres like 10000000 guides on how to upgrade to 4.0 out there... do some searching.

3. CPhantom
    OP

United States
    Well, I'm finding a lot of 3.2U to 4.0U things, and I'm at 3.4U. I don't know if this matters any, but I also found this...

Would this be a correct way to update then?

I just don't wanna lose compatibility or brick my wii.

4. CPhantom
    OP

United States
    So...anyone know if that'll work for 3.4U to 4.0U? Also, should I grab the CUSTOM or just normal cIOS60? I've been noticing those two around.

5. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    Just follow this guide. It will work for 3.4U also. Note that you will be downgrading to 3.2 in the process before upgrading to 4.0