1. AngeloftheNight091

OP AngeloftheNight091 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I just recently ordered two of the Katsukity New 3DS XL Capture Consoles and was wondering if it was possible to view two consoles on the same computer. For example, being able to show two consoles at the same time.

I have had a Katsukity console before, and it worked well, but Never had two to try it out with. I know Loopy's 3ds Capture Consoles & DS Capture Consoles work with Multiple.

Anyone attempt this before? I have heard rumors that it doesnt work.

Thanks

Angelofthenight091

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Katsukity one tends to have bad soldering, they do poor soldering to the point people have to sent it in for repair, a lot of people complained about them.

3. AngeloftheNight091

Canada
    My one I had just replaced I had from him for 4 years no issues. The Solder held its place but the card died. I checked the solder connections myself.

My 2 Loopy consoles are still flawless though.
    Your post didnt really answer my question though.

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Well my intention was just telling you that Katsukity version tends to be poor soldered, nothing more, since I don't own one, as far as I have seen people only ran one unit at one, haven't seen anyone ran two Katsukity 3DS at the moment, so can't help you on that.

5. AngeloftheNight091

Canada
    Ok, thank you..

If anyone else has used Katsukity and has multiple units, can you use two on one PC?

6. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I would assume you can, but only way to know for sure is just wait when you get it. I've seen several Youtubers/Twitch streamers ended up having their cards die out by Katsukity as well from constant usage
    My Vita capture card from Kity still works after 5 years mainly b/c I don't stream on it too much. Loopy is great b/c it seems to outlast the Kitty's card and has its own recording software I bought one from him back in Aug, 2013 still works today with CFW, I think the only downside is gameplays will look jaggy pixelated if stretched to a single screen.

Last edited by MasterJ360, Jun 19, 2018 - Reason: Can't spell
  7. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    No, the amount of data that is transferred over the usb is pretty much near the transfer limit and that is with one unit. If you want 2 units on one screen, your better off having a monitor with the ability to display 2 inputs at the same time; it is called Screen Split and multi inputs if your looking at the features of monitors.

Example of such a monitor: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B9IDL4I/

Untitled.png

And yes I have more than 1 Kat modded 3DS and use this type of setup. Is that what you want to know?

---

I use a custom made Raspberry Pi to drive the output to the 2nd screen in my case.

You can go here to see how I did mine: https://gbatemp.net/threads/connect-3ds-to-tv.503732/#post-7973209
    You might want to get a Pi B or B+, it has a faster CPU than the zero that I used.

Last edited by how_do_i_do_that, Jun 20, 2018
    AngeloftheNight091 likes this.
  8. AngeloftheNight091

Canada
    I do have a monitor that you mention, along with 3 other monitors, and 4 towers in one room. So essentially your saying 1 console per system, and then capture the input from the other systems.

Basically to have two consoles appear in a stream, I would have to use the host pc for 1, an alternate pc for the second, then output the second computers display through a hdmi capture device, and then load it into my stream to have 2 systems appear.

That seems pretty simple considering I have all the hardware. Just a shame I cant use the two on 1 computer. Really didnt want to have to use multiple computers or a raspberry pi.

Oh well, work with what you got right.

Thanks for the informative post. I appreciate it.

9. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    There are limitations, even for hardware modded devices.

10. AngeloftheNight091

Canada
    [​IMG] Just received my two Katsukity consoles, they both work on the same PC, using the same software. No Issues.

Attached Files:

11. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    If you got it to work under windows 10 on one comp, it is not working on my windows 7 rig.

I'll probably move to windows 10 or windows 11 in 2 years.

probably need a new comp on my part.

Last edited by how_do_i_do_that, Jun 29, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Katsukity, Capture, Device