Warn-free Since 2005
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
24 y.o. and I still get dizzy from the 3d... Best Buy had Pilotwing for people to try, I got on it and got off the game asap cause the game was making me dizzy... and it doesn't even look like 3d to me? I've kinda decided to get DSi XL if I can instead of 3DS...

D

Deleted-273695

Have you ever had proplems with your eyes?
Like do you need glasses?
Thats gonna be the problem for me cause I need glasses to play a normal DS.
Try the 3D halfway maybe? Not as much of an effect but the right ammount for your eyes to handle.

CCNaru

Warn-free Since 2005
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Like most consoles on display it was stuck so I couldn't move it around, so not adjusting could've done something... also I wanted to try the 3DS, what's the use of the "3D"S if you don't use it lol...

I have no problems with my eyes, actually... it seems like it's a hereditary thing in our family for the eyesight, everyone wears glasses except me. It's not 20/20 but i'm not blind either

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
CCNaru said:
what's the use of the "3D"S if you don't use it lol...
well, nothing. but OoT(not hyped coz i don't know it but most tempers are) is coming to 3ds and some other games.

EDIT: Off-Topic: I can't stop staring @ your ava.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nutella said:
KingVamp said:
DeMoN said:
That sucks. Hope you didn't pre-order one.
um... because the new games and other features doesn't matter?
No need to get defensive. Clearly the OP wants a DSi XL, so it wouldn't make sense if he pre-ordered a 3DS.
I was just stating it, that all. I was just trying to help out by saying there other stuff to the 3DS.

Shouldn't this be in the 3DS section?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CCNaru said:
Like most consoles on display it was stuck so I couldn't move it around, so not adjusting could've done something... also I wanted to try the 3DS, what's the use of the "3D"S if you don't use it lol...

I have no problems with my eyes, actually... it seems like it's a hereditary thing in our family for the eyesight, everyone wears glasses except me. It's not 20/20 but i'm not blind either
If it was a demo station, you actually can remove it, although it's stuck on there very strongly.
And remember: You don't need the 3D to enjoy the 3DS. And who knows, maybe if you lower the 3D setting, you may be able to find a setting that gives you a good effect while also not giving you a headache.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't go for the DSi XL since you can turn off the 3D part of your gaming on the 3DS. They mentioned in something I was reading recently that it isn't going to be necessary for the players to use the 3D if they don't want to and buying a DSi XL will leave you out of the loop on newer and potentially better games and other features.

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/nintendo-3d-eff...-play-our-games
link to what I read earlier....

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Yeah, the max setting is definitely overkill, I wouldn't advise it for anyone.
umm I had the 3DS for 2 hours with max 3D on..no side effects felt and was just as comfortable as 2D viewing.
unsure.gif

Why didn't I get dizzy??
frown.gif
(nice to know how it feels cause I've never been dizzy in my entire life)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
heartgold said:
RupeeClock said:
umm I had the 3DS for 2 hours with max 3D on..no side effects felt and was just as comfortable as 2D viewing.
unsure.gif

Why didn't I get dizzy??
frown.gif
(nice to know how it feels cause I've never been dizzy in my entire life)
It varies from person to person, I didn't get dizzy from the 3D at all but I definitely had a harder time swallowing the 3D effect at maximum depth.

mikehammerX9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I get VERY dizzy (also sweating, nausea ...) playing Half-Life 1 and 2 (on some sections, canals for example) if I have default FoV (field of view), 70. If I set it to 90, like in other games, everything is OK.

I hope it won't be the same on 3DS with 3D. I don't want to turn it off.
cry.gif

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i know someone who cannot see ANY 3D effects with the 3DS
he said it doesnt make any difference to him whether he sets the slider to 2D or maximum 3D

but yet he still pre-ordered a 3DS because of the other features it offers

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
It was actually sufficient for me. It took a short Pilotwings and AR card session for me to get used to the 3D effect.

OP: That sucks. But if you're not getting the 3DS because the 3D doesn't work for you, then it's fine, but it's like saying you're not getting it solely because of 3D and not care about other features and upcoming games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs