just got e3 reader just a little help

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by slickric33, Dec 14, 2010.

1. slickric33
    OP

slickric33 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2003
    United States
    hi guys , i am no noob , but feel like one w/ my right hand in cast and left in shoulder sling . In pain , thats why im up at 5am and heres the deal. just got 360 flashed w/ lt+ so i am good there, unbricked my nephews wii before christmas so good there, and wife finally let me get ps3 (came free in sony 3dtv bundle) . just got e3 in mailand want to set up ps3/w jailbreak b4 christmas morning so kids think its from santa. I have d/loaded all files from e3 sight but could someone give me a qiuck tutorial or good link how to do this properly. i have read that b4 anything i want to backup system files (how to do). i will find out tomorrow when kids r in school what firmwarethe system is at then go to work but since i have never seen ps3 menu the tutorials dont seem to make sense. i assume i install that hermes firmware and go from there, so i guess my? are
    1 how to backup orig system files if i screw something up (is it kind of like a nand backup for wii). how to get to 3.41 if its not at 3.41. do i just update to 3.5 for gt5, play and then how to get back to 3.41 for other games. how to d/load games to harddrive. i know it all proable seems like dumb questions and will be easier once i just try it but w/ all the shit having to do w/ life job, kids , wife, never much time to really focus on this stuff for more than 10 min at a time.. thankss

if anyone has a tutorial from utube pls foward. thanks remember all the other stuff seemed confusing w/ wii and 360 til you get a little help from your friends and u guys have been great

2. slickric33
    OP

slickric33 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2003
    United States
    ok guys the kids are at school and im going to try and get this done right now, i read the tutorials but before i start , i want to make sure i dont wreck the blueray drive so what to do first w/ making a backup of files from ps3? i looked at system settings and its 3.41, so what first to not wreck the drive

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice