Hacking Just Got A Wii

Mike Shinoda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've come to join the community. I've always been a fan of hacking devices to get more and more functions out of them. Like started when i first took apart my computer. I got my Wii for $420 with 2 Controllers, 6 Burned Games, and a Soft Mod.... I am currently running firmware version 3.2U. I have a 2GB SD card that i put in when i brung it home. I am wondering what i can do since i don't have the directory for any of the saved files for any of the third party channels. Provided are images of my Wii for the channels and i believe the versions. I was told that if i formatted the wii everything was lost and never recoverable. I was also wondering if there a newbie guide to how to perform the upgrade to be able to play NFS Undercover.

weirdly enough there is a wii key sticker?

these are all my channels

my homebrew channel version

gecko os version

softchip version

the channel i use to open my burned games

what is this channel?

opening the channel

should i update the homebrew channel?

my wii current version

there is a copy error is it still actually possible to copy stuff?

should i update?

I am also wondering if i'm updated to the current versions of everything and if not how can i upgrade since i don't have twilight
Thanks All

D

Deleted User

Or, never update at all. 3.2 is the best firmware and the community here agrees with it.

Update the Homebrew Channel. Note that you might have a "this is not a valid Wii application" error which means the app is outdated, get yourself a new one.

Yes, it's possible to copy stuff. Some saves unfortunately has this "No-copy flag". However, you can remove the "no-copy flag" with Gecko Os. Just use rebooter.

SoftChip is an alternative for modchip, or so I think......

Anyway, I believe you have Wiikey installed.

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY!!!

D

Deleted User

Oh, forgot that you bought brand new SD Card...

Anyway, on the root of your SD Card, create "apps" and "wad" folder.

In apps, you put in your homebrew apps, but make sure that the app is in a folder and the app is named boot.dol.

Mike Shinoda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
also how do i make the NTSC Version of Undercover work without the 002 error
like do i put the boot.dol into the apps folder in the homebrew channel and then just run it?

also what is starfall and also
is there any way i can get internet channel without updating to 3.4 and going to the wii store?

D

Deleted User

Well, first that's not what I meant. What I meant was, putting the .dol into folder "YourAppNameHere". Put "YourAppNameHere" into the apps folder.

Starfall is a patching program that can do various patches (5 useful patches, 6 patches overall). The most useful ones are the last three.

Well, you could:
1)Do it the 'free' way - Get yourself a WAD Manager, and google internet channel wad. Put the wad into
the wad folder, and WAD Manager in the 'apps' folder. Run Wad Manager through HBC, press plus on the internet channel WAD. And you're done.

2)Do it the 'legal' way - Get Shop and IOS51 installer, run it through HBC and choose "yes,", then "yes", then no.

dlxowhd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn.. $420 for an used wii? i don't believe it.
i bought an used wii for $200, took me less than 10 minutes to use the twilight hack and install homebrew channel and backup launcher.
well, i guess i saved $220...

Mike Shinoda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i got my wii brand new from pacific mall in canada
but is there any way i can regsiter the wii for warranty anyways?

and if there was a rep button here u guys would get full rep
tongue.gif

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest, thats pretty stupid to pay 420$ for an Softmoded Wii.

edit
Thinking about it, an Brand New pre chipped Wii should be even much cheaper(300$).
lol sounds like epic fail to me...

Mike Shinoda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well looks like internet channel successuly worked well one thing do we have to keep the wads on the SD or can we delete them after installing?

D

Deleted User

It's best to keep tem on your SD. Because, if you want to delete the channel, you'll still need the WAD.

Plus, 55mb file will do nothing to your 2GB SD.

Yea, I'm talking about the space. I've got 234mb of WADs in my 1GB SD Card, never have the intention to delete them >___>.

Mike Shinoda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i was wondering how would u convert a pal game to a ntsc game

and if i install the new 3.4 firmware is the homebrew channel i have now and the internet channel and also the wii gators backup loader v0.3
will they work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr