Hacking Just a thought

Puma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am pretty much a noob at this hacking scene. I've hacked my wii and several others, and I can put two and two together pretty easily, so I rarely need to ask questions.

I've been reading about the custom HS and stuff and how it replaces .apps on the wii. Would it be possible to replace a .app on the wii that contains the main menu BGM to play whatever you want? Or is the BGM not a .app or something that could just be replaced?

The reason I asked icefire to take a look is because he could probably figure this out and make a tool for it
tongue.gif

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how about rerouting the .apps to a folder on the SD and if none present then boot normally.

Iv been hacking my UIQ phone today and rerouting things to my C: and D: drives rather than flashing the Z: rom.

edit: could this be what clarky and skarface are upto already?!

Puma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiWii said:
how about rerouting the .apps to a folder on the SD and if none present then boot normally.

Iv been hacking my UIQ phone today and rerouting things to my C: and D: drives rather than flashing the Z: rom.
Well in that case, cSM and etc. would be completely useless, no?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok BGM i am working on this as we speak. give me a week or so to get it figure out and find someone to code up a music replace tool. if i cant find someone to code a tool ill make a tutorial. Everything about the system menu (music images animation) is contained in the 42.app, softmii is really a sneak peak at the final version, where we will have menus released with everything changed.

Puma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
Ok BGM i am working on this as we speak. give me a week or so to get it figure out and find someone to code up a music replace tool. if i cant find someone to code a tool ill make a tutorial. Everything about the system menu (music images animation) is contained in the 42.app, softmii is really a sneak peak at the final version, where we will have menus released with everything changed.
Wait, so let me get this straight:

Softmii will be able to
change main menu BGM
change Health Screen
change Menu GFX
Play backups from disc channel
Starfall + preloader stuff
Region Free

etc.

?

Holy crap. Is there a beta tester role? I want to try this stuff out as soon as possible!

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Change BGM? WHHATTT????

Man, it seems that everything is just suddenly coming out this week. Best of luck digitydogs. Can't wait to blast some metal on the menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol