Just a quick Brick blocker question??

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by chadders, Oct 24, 2008.

Oct 24, 2008
  1. chadders
    OP

Member chadders GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Guys, sorry to be such a knob about this but ive been reading about this app, which i have never really had to use, and was just wondering something.

I know when u run the app on the iso that it does something with the update partion and changes it to abit of early real nintendo code, or something like anyways.

Ive just used it on day of crisis coz i read it has the 3.3E update on the disc and for the minute i want to keep my wii on 3.2 till 3.3v2 which was released yestarday gets sorted, and it runs fine without asking to update. Im using a Pal wii and i know that the update on the disc will not cock anything up in terms bricking my wii coz its from the same region but it could and probably will cock up some homebrew stuff.

Anyway, what i want to know is if by chance i somehow happened to update my wii by mistake to the new 3.3v2, would this game disc which has been run through brickblocker no longer work????? Is it somehow related to the trunca signing thing???

I know its might be a stupid question to some of u out there but an explanation would be very much welcomed.

Thanks guys!

2. Richy Freeway

Member Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Brickblocker doesn't use trucha, you've nothing to worry about.

3. jakeruston

Member jakeruston GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yeah luckily it isn't related to Trucha or a lot of people would have problems if they just all stopped working.