Judge gets 28 years in prison

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by 0ddity, Aug 12, 2011.

Aug 12, 2011

Judge gets 28 years in prison by 0ddity at 11:20 PM (2,320 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. 0ddity
    OP

Member 0ddity GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    A judge who illegally sentenced youth offenders to sentences in privately run facilities in return for money has been sentenced to 28 years in prison. I am glad. This was a most egregious breach of trust and exploitation of vulnerable citizens in violation of their constitutional rights. It led to one teen killing himself.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/12/pennsy....html?hpt=ju_c2

2. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    The Court, You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

He deserves to be in there.

3. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Read about this a while back when the one video was posted.

Glad he's locked up. He'll probably die before his sentence is up, but it should've been much harsher.

4. chrisrlink

Member chrisrlink Rouge Temper

United States
    again another example of the USA'S corrupt justice system >>

5. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Plus one to this. The USA really needs to do a review of it's entire Justice system, fix the Infrastructure, and pay attention to it's citizens. While it's at it, might as well try for getting it's priorities straight as well.

6. Giga_Gaia

Member Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Canada
    I've never seen something like this before. The guy shouldn't go to prison, he needs to be put out like some dog.

7. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    Thank goodness this corrupted piece of trash is now locked away.

R.I.P. to Edward Kenzakowski and condolences to Sandy Fonzo and other loved ones.

8. hetoan2

Newcomer hetoan2 Advanced Member

United States
    so apparently 28 years is the amount you have to pay for ruining thousands of kids' lives...

after just watching Capitalism: A Love Story, this guy just makes me even more sick.

9. Hydreigon

Member Hydreigon Isn't that DELICIOUS!?

Antarctica
    I really hope he gets locked up with those he screwed over.

10. Magmorph

Member Magmorph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Who thought privatizing the prison system was a good idea?

11. 0ddity
    OP

Member 0ddity GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Those in favor of the "war on drugs" that's going so fantastically well.

12. Nimbus

Member Nimbus sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1

United Kingdom
    Our Justice System is corrupt, presumably by our government *inb4geewhatasupprise*

This is exactly the type of thing that is pushing me to find another form of government, as I cant support the current US one in any way anymore. It sickens me, it astounds me, it's useless IMHO right now.

Maybe communism or something, I dunno.

Either way, good to see this worthless scumbag of a judge getting her just deserts. It gives me one sliver of faith in the Justice System, but knowing my luck I'll read or hear something toomorow that will crush that into shards of nothingness.

Y u no work USA Government!?

13. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    28 years with 3 free meals a day and a place to sleep hardly seems fair.
    If only they still exiled people to deserted islands.

14. Giga_Gaia

Member Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Canada
    A deserted island is too generous. People like that don't deserve to live. At some points, people shouldn't be considered humans anymore, but nothing but monsters that needs to be killed.

That man is nothing but a monster, wasting oxygen. He should obviously disposed of like an animal and thrown away like trash. He shouldn't be able to have any rights. He is nothing but an inferior animal who either need a bullet or an injection.

If you at least want to send people like that to prison, at least throw away the key and don't feed them and let them die of hunger. It would be very slow and painful, but who cares, they have no rights and can't be considered humans anymore, so who cares.

For exemple, why should a killer be allowed to live? The people he killed aren't allowed to live anymore because he killed them, so why should he have any rights to live? He should get the same treatment as the ones he killed, except a slow and very painful death.

15. Nimbus

Member Nimbus sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1

United Kingdom
    Exactly, but our damn government and court system will not allow us to do any of this.

Let's just hope the meals are never anything he likes.

He'll become someones property eventually, just watch.

16. Cbajd5

Member Cbajd5 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ah, local news.

Just gotta remember people, he's going to prison, maybe with people he personally affected. (His attorney brought this up before the sentencing: http://www.timesleader.com/news/Ciavarella...e-sentence.html )

He's in Philadealphia for now, just to say.

http://www.timesleader.com/news/Ciavarella...iladelphia.html

But he's going to appeal, definitely. So this definitely isn't over yet.

But since all this stuff has been going on around here for all this time, it's really just boring for me. Never got in trouble, never even met the guy like most kids did when they went on field trips to the court and such. Before any of these corruption dealings with most of the politicians in the area he was a good guy, strict, but it was for the good of the children. Funny on how these kind of things can change everyone's opinion on the guy, justly changed opnions of course.

Know people affected by this, not anyone affected too badly though. But I honestly think the uvenile courts should stay just as strict, nearly zero tolerance, but give the kids a lawyer for defense, one of the issues with this. Less Hugo Selenski's and what not, and there's still plenty of kids doing stupid shit that need to be locked up longer than they have been. Knew people like that too, went to juvie and what not just to get out and do more stupid stuff, and I'm afraid someone I know will get killed from someone stupid like that.

Final point, strict courts will keep kids in line. He shouldn't have been paid for each kid he sent away, but he still should have sent them away. Because the more they catch and send away, the more will stop before doing anything stupid. The police around here don't have their horse anymore, after all. I think so, at least. Hopefully the cameras will make up for it.

17. smile72

Member smile72 NewsBot

Japan
    Oh boo hoo for the judge. He abused the damn law he was supposed to uphold, and when do massively harsh sentences on lesser crimes, result in less crime. That's Louisiana and Texas logic.

18. Cbajd5

Member Cbajd5 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well the problem was sending them to PA Child Care, story from someone who went there basiclly described it like a high security prison. Step out of line, and you got punished very badly. For kids that isn't right at all, but the other part for most kids sentences was Camp Adams. Less harsh, but still taught the kids something, and is something proper to hopefully straighten the kids out. PA Child Care was the part involved with the Kids for Cash scandal, by the way, Camp Adams was uninvovled for all I know, and the issue there is that kids can escape a lot more easily than a traditional prision like enviroment. Since it's a camp and all.

But I'm pretty sure that a harsher method works better, just make sure the kids always have a lawyer. Just don't treat kids like their murders or anything, they don't need high security in most cases if they need to be sent away. Just a camp whee they'll have to follow rules or facr a just punishment, and a lack of proper shoes to run away from that camp. But people will still run. Which is why they need to have a stricter option if the kid may try that. And by kid I mean anyone who still a juvenile, 16 year olds even.

19. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    justice not reach enough bastards in this fucked up world.. alas good catch for this one! :/

20. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    man made systems always have problems so it should be controlled. this may seem like a good find but its still late