Hacking JPN Wii users guide...?

devil_goalie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why? Has anyone tried running the JPN version, let it do its updates (safe on your JPN Wii) and then try running the US version (brickblocked)?

even if you update with the jpn version, it will still be the same firmware after the update(i'm grabbing the jpn spg because I semi-bricked my fw 2,2J wii with big brain academy us and want to unbrick it). unfortunately, it won't ameliorates the odds of being able to play the us version of smg.

the same situation happened with big brain academy us, even if you put brick blocker on the iso, it won't work. that's the price to pay for having a console that is not in the same region than the one of the game.

auyongtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why? Has anyone tried running the JPN version, let it do its updates (safe on your JPN Wii) and then try running the US version (brickblocked)?

Wonder no more... tried that... din work.. no love
cry.gif

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't bother me that much ... I speak Japanese fairly well, and read on a level less than that, but still I should have no trouble with reading anything in this game. I just find it curious that it wont work.

1ns4nity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no im so disappointed the NTSC-U SMG doesnt work. :x Wonder if the PAL version will work on our JAP consoles....

auyongtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please tell me what dates are the updates (in the msg channel) contained that are sent via Nintendo to update my Wii to 3.0j or 3.1j?

I cant read what it says in the msgs Nintendo tell me. Thanks.

If you guys update your Wiikey with Wiikeys latest fix, SMG should work with USA version.

Kanzensan,

Is SMG NTSC-U working for you in a JPN Wii on wiikey? Please tell us more of your experience.

D

Deleted-98012

I have a WiiD but ordered a Wiikey since I am not confident WiiD is being supported.

But plenty of people have USA version working on USA and PAL models, I assume it will work on Japanese also as long as you have the new firmware Wiikey released last night.

skizo01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Somebody try Mario Galaxy JAP ?

Unbrick consol 2.2J brick with big brain academy or not ?
For wiikey need 1.9g patch for play ? or its only for Mario galaxy US ?

Thank, and sorry for my english ^^

NoNameFace

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
the jpn smg will fix your semi-bricked wii but however the dupe channels remain.
frown.gif

btw,mine was bricked by us version of pbr.

just update your wiikey with bootdisc.jap.iso then you should be able to play jpn smg on your jpn wii.
(i heard some ppl said the us version doesnt work on jpn wii)

auyongtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a WiiD but ordered a Wiikey since I am not confident WiiD is being supported.

But plenty of people have USA version working on USA and PAL models, I assume it will work on Japanese also as long as you have the new firmware Wiikey released last night.

Kanzensan,

I have tried it... no go, black screen once the game load from Disc Channel. But my NTSC-U SMG is patched with WBB 1.3. Not sure if unpatched NTSC-U SMG would work, never tried that - anyone?

If it still doesn't work, suspect it would be coz NTSC-U SMG tries to look up the Wii language settings to make sure it's English. Like how the PAL peeps here have to make sure they change their Wii settings to English language before able to play NTSC-U SMG backups.

Anyone got it working?

D

Deleted-98012

Umm have you guys even updated the Wiikey to the newest update from last night whcih is supposed to work for SMG USA?

I doubt it would work for PAL, and not JP. Doesnt make sense.

D

Deleted-98012

Yeh but thats doesnt mean anything cause not everyone the update has worked for though.

So JP owners, dont be disappointed yet. It hasnt worked for everyone.

Do you have a clone thekid or original wiikey?

auyongtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kanzensan...

I'm sure it is so disappointing. If the Wiikey update din work, I wouldn't be able to play SMG JPN with the backup. So I could play backup = Wiikey 1.9g is working...

Just that the NTSC-U SMG can't be played... probably coz it's looking for the "English" setting on the Wii settings

rsyss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if i have a jpn wii with 3.1j update and put a us mario galaxy to run,

will it got duplicated channels same way? if yes, will the settings menu be avaliable?

i dont care about double channel, i only dont want to lose the settings again
frown.gif
i already have duplicated channels

D

Deleted-98012

auyong, thats a good point and most likely right.

Other tihng I can think of is if you really want to play it in english it get a copy of the JP iso, boot it up. Eject the disc, insert the USA version. Most likely wont work but might be worth a shot heh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, and the 12 inches pianist?