大阪に生まれた男
OP
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm told it takes about a day to get over jet lag for every time zone you cross.
It's going to be another rough week.

Anyone with any thoughts or suggestions? I hear the best way to not get jet lag is to neither eat or sleep on the plane, but on a 14 hour flight that wasn't happening.

I tried staying up for 26 hours and sleeping at the appropriate time but that didn't work. I'm up again at 7:30 having not slept the previous night. I've done this several times before and while this time is not the worse (last time I came home I was like sick-sick for a week) it still blows.

(Kikuchiyo, briefly in the U.S.)

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kikuchiyo said:
Anyone with any thoughts or suggestions? I hear the best way to not get jet lag is to neither eat or sleep on the plane, but on a 14 hour flight that wasn't happening.

Doesn't work as far as I'm concerned. I didn't sleep a wink on the 14 hour flight to and from Japan last year (can't sleep on planes, sucks to be me T_T). The first time I hadn't slept the night before either.

Both times I was completely socked with the Jet lag.

Significantly less bad when I was coming back to the US though; it only ended up lasting 2-3 days compared to the week I was out of it in Japan. Not sure why.

I've heard lots of Vitamin C helps for some reason, but I haven't tried it. Best thing might just be to take a nap whenever you can after the flight, which might make your body normalize faster. More sleep generally solves most problems.

But yeah, jet lag is very obnoxious. Good luck!

azianinvazn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i go to taiwan i never get any problems and the time difference from west coast usa is 16 hours. what i do is sleep on the way to taiwan and hold it out on the way back, cuz its all works out that way. i leave us at like 2 in the morning and end up in taiwan wen its 8 in the morning in taiwan. se how that wrks?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't bother trying to sleep at the right times. Just sleep on the plane and go to sleep at the next correct time the next day.

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really just sleep when I'm tired and eventually it'll work it.
tongue.gif

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually stock up on some sleeping pills whenever I have to take a long flight. I just sleep on the plane and then I force my body to sleep when it's night at my destination. Atlanta Hartsfield to Narita with a stopover in San Francisco was the longest I ever had to fly. Drinking doesn't really work because it's not "restful" sleep. Also, a favorite pillow to sleep on does miracles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post tbh