Hacking Jailbreaking with Ti-84 - Which Payload do I use?

nitrodude150

OP
Trophies
Website
nitrodude150.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
So I'm sure that this is the route that I want to take and I know that there are several payloads available - I am unsure which Payload I should use, or even how it affects how the jailbreak works. If someone could enlighten me on this topic, I would Greatly Appreciate it!
yaynds.gif

Oh and Another quick question, once I'm Jailbroken, can I run any backup manager, say for example MultiMan, or must I use 'Backup Manager' ?

OR should I just buy a PS3 Key because all I really want to do is play backups and DO NOT require PSN

Thanks!!
yaypsp.gif

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your on anything higher then 3.55 for a firmware, you would need to buy and install or have installed something called a Progskeet or the other one that does the same thing. This is so you can downgrade your firmware. Please note that you will not be able to go on PSN with a hacked firmware or out dated firmware.

Assuming you are on a firmware that is less then 3.55 you can just download a custom firmware thats CFW 3.55 and just use an old USB pen drive to install it (or an iPod with the USB cord) once you have a custom firmware installed you will have the option to download and install package files.

Multiman is installed this way, and so are a ton of emulators.

I hope this helps some.

Edit: PS I would post some links to PS3 hacking web pages but I am not sure if that would violate some sort of TOS on this site and I would rather be on the safe side. Google is your friend
smile.gif

Edit2: Please be aware that some older custom firmwares could brick your system, well one could anyway if you tried to install it on a backwards compatible PS3 AKA Phat model. Worked fine for the slims... At any rate before installing a custom firmware I would recomend you spend some time reading up on the whole thing first just download something then slap it on your PS3 as you may wind up with an expensive paper weight.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's still possible. And using CFW is easier in the long run. If you ever want to go back to psn just upgrade back to 3.55, make sure there is nothing on there that results in homebrew/backs etc, and then upgrade to the lastest ofw. And if you ever want to go back, there's downgraders that you can buy to go back to 3.55.

nitrodude150

OP
Trophies
Website
nitrodude150.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
Yes it's still possible. And using CFW is easier in the long run. If you ever want to go back to psn just upgrade back to 3.55, make sure there is nothing on there that results in homebrew/backs etc, and then upgrade to the lastest ofw. And if you ever want to go back, there's downgraders that you can buy to go back to 3.55.
ok say I go with this option, is there any sort of process that I can go through that will insure that I will be able to downgrade?

Once again, thanks for all the help
yaynds.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are things called Progskeet and E3 Flasher that are both ways of downgrading your ps3. You can find guides on places like ps3hax to help you with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol