Hacking Jailbreak fail

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta say, there are basic, essential things that you do not understand and teaching you appears hopeless. You should strongly consider just buying your games.

okk4562

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
I gotta say, there are basic, essential things that you do not understand and teaching you appears hopeless. You should strongly consider just buying your games.

I got everything working, np.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a decent guide how to convert xci files to nsp?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope. If you're using a CUSTOM (<-it's in the name, dude) bootloader, it is not OFW, patches or not. I'm quite sure Nintendo would agree.
Again, since we're play semantics here, OFW is OFW. It doesn't matter how you boot it up. If you're including the bootloader and the whole boot process itself I would call it a custom "process". When talking about the firmware itself OFW is OFW. End of debate.

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Again, since we're play semantics here, OFW is OFW. It doesn't matter how you boot it up. If you're including the bootloader and the whole boot process itself I would call it a custom "process". When talking about the firmware itself OFW is OFW. End of debate.
Idk why some people think it’s not OFW... you boot with custom payload but you still boot to OFW.

Reactions: arm6gaming

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk why some people think it’s not OFW... you boot with custom payload but you still boot to OFW.

Because Hekate is just a bootloader, using a bootloader to boot into OFW is still OFW, it is called Custom Firmware because you modified the firmware, to allow you to run homebrew/ kernel level access etc.

Reactions: Kafluke

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because Hekate is just a bootloader, using a bootloader to boot into OFW is still OFW, it is called Custom Firmware because you modified the firmware, to allow you to run homebrew/ kernel level access etc.
I understand what he/she is saying. But he/she opened up the debate. For all intense and purposes (and especially for noobs) the end user experience is that it's not a "true" OFW boot process.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because there are patches. If there weren't, it. would. not. boot. Not with fuses burnt. And if it still survives sleep mode, the patches stay resident, which is even more CFW than *just a simple bootstrap. NOW it's the end of the debate.

Last edited by urherenow,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Because there are patches. If there weren't, it. would. not. boot. Not with fuses burnt. And if it still survives sleep mode, the patches stay resident, which is even more CFW than *just a simple bootstrap. NOW it's the end of the debate.
They still call it OFW in SX OS and hekate.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They still call it OFW in SX OS and hekate.
Sure. So that the layman understands the purpose. It's the most "official" you can get, without actually being official.

I could call a rhino a unicorn. Some of them certainly do have a single horn, but that doesn't make it the same thing. Perhaps the legends were born from a drunk bastard who actually saw an anorexic rhino... :unsure:

Last edited by urherenow,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Sure. So that the layman understands the purpose. It's the most "official" you can get, without actually being official.

I could call a rhino a unicorn. Some of them certainly do have a single horn, but that doesn't make it the same thing. Perhaps the legends were born from a drunk bastard who actually saw an anorexic rhino... :unsure:
But before you told us, that you can downgrade with burnt fuses. But than you would need to boot with custom payload. So it's not really a downgrade.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say go ahead and dump the 7.X master keys then downgrade back to 6.2 and learn how to convert 7.X games/updates to 6.2 with tinfoil or NSC_Builder. That way you wont need to worry about burnt fuses and still play the latest content

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But before you told us, that you can downgrade with burnt fuses. But than you would need to boot with custom payload. So it's not really a downgrade.
Are you trying (and failing, I might add) to argue just for the sake of arguing? If it wasn't really a downgrade, then the burnt fuses wouldn't prevent you from booting. That's a function of the OLDER (because... you downgraded) OFW doing its job by checking whether or not you had downgraded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search softonic