• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,184
  • Replies 28
D

Deleted User

OP
Well, are there any?
Anything with the style I like, i.e magic, dragons, predictable style of story, Zelda-like/Golden Sun like presentation, customizable equipment DQIX-style, wacky hair...everything. But on the Wii. Something like Arc Rise Fantasia or Sakura Wars. Also, if you've played them, can you tell me if they're good or not? Great.

tigris

p.s oh, and english-translated.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Arc rise fantasia will quench your jrpg thirst, but nothing more. Really a pretty bad game.

Sakura wars is really really good, but is more of a visual novel mixed with a strategy game.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Fire Emblem is a very good turn based RPG, I love those games.

For a real RPG, you'll have to wait for Dragon Quest to come out on Wii
smile.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
powerking56 said:
Oh also Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World! Amazing voice cast, gameplay and story!

Fixed. Don't get me wrong, I was an insane fan of the first game, but ToS2 was lazy in many regards, and the voice acting was absolutely terrible. They did, however, improve the combat and inventory systems, which made it a lot of fun to play. I felt the combat was the best of both worlds between the original ToS and Abyss.

powerking56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GeekyGuy said:
powerking56 said:
Oh also Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World! Amazing voice cast, gameplay and story!

Fixed. Don't get me wrong, I was an insane fan of the first game, but ToS2 was lazy in many regards, and the voice acting was absolutely terrible. They did, however, improve the combat and inventory systems, which made it a lot of fun to play. I felt the combat was the best of both worlds between the original ToS and Abyss.

Really?! I though it was good. Although the version I played was the UnDub i think. Japanese voices. The story caught my eye however.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Overall i'd have to say Arc Rise Fantasia is the best on the Wii. It's actually a really good game once you get into it. The story is very well done, and they somehow managed to make turn based combat bearable and even challenging (but fair). But since you mentioned it, I assume you've played it.

EDIT: Oh, keep an eye out for The Last Story. It has, probably, a pretty distant release date (Jan 27 jap release) but it's apparently got an incredibly high chance for seeing an english release, and it looks spectacular. Especially for a wii game.

Only other option I can think of is
\/ \/ \/

GeekyGuy said:
powerking56 said:

It was lazy as fuck, but the story was still solid and interesting enough. Though i'm not a HUGE fan of how they made some of the characters out to be, mainly Lloyd and a bit of "what he's been up to".
Voice acting was perfectly fine, except for Lloyd. Just felt weird that some of the actors were new for old characters (though I can't remember specifically who, besides Sheena). But none of the voices were devoid of emotion, or annoying. So it's being an over-the-top FanTard if you'd say the voice acting is bad simply because some of the VAs didn't come back (and that's the only reason a person could say the VA was bad).
Anyways, combat was made to be very fluid. I'd say it's the best of Team Symphonia's. Though, overall I still think Vesperia had a much better Arte collection.
I liked the pet idea, I just wish they didn't lock the original characters levels and gear. That was utter bullshit when only giving Emil and Marta as characters and no one else.

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
ToS has a waaaayyy too simple story, IMO. "Good" Emil's voice sounds like a baby who's about to cry (if you got 1 XP for everytime he sighs, you'd be at lvl99 before leaving the first city). But the Pet System and Combat gameplay is great enough to keep you pushing A during dialog/cutscenes. You can even replay it (hard/hell mode with 10x XP) and get those lvl200 pets strong enough withouth spending hours at the Battle Arena. I haven't played any other RPG since ToS (due to illness, been away from video games for a long time), so I'll comment only on this one. Next year, Wii should have some great RPGs, as other people have already pointed out. If you've played all Wii RPG games in English, then look for something on the PC. I don't know, replay Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights, Last Remnant, "the basic stuff"...

EDIT: By the way, I know this is a Wii RPG thread, but being a RPG lover as well, I'd like if anyone could send me a MP with a list of some good PC RPG games released after May 2009 (that's when I got sick) or refer me to a page with one. I still can't play anything for more than 30min, but I can get such games as "Xmas gifts for myself" and play them later on, when I get better.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
tigris said:
Well, are there any?
Anything with the style I like, i.e magic, dragons, predictable style of story, Zelda-like/Golden Sun like presentation, customizable equipment DQIX-style, wacky hair...everything. But on the Wii. Something like Arc Rise Fantasia or Sakura Wars. Also, if you've played them, can you tell me if they're good or not? Great.

tigris

p.s oh, and english-translated.
>Magic and dragons. Check
>Predictable Story. Check
>Customizable equipment. Check.
>Wacky hair. Check.
Valhalla Knights Eldar Saga and the Wii version of Echoes of Time seem to fit, both are pretty good IMO, some people say they suck however. Both have online multiplayer too.
And the other RPGs others have mentioned.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Xenoblade is still coming to North America it seems. Don't expect it soon though, the game is massive and it's probably why it's taking a long time for nintendo to reveal.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkStriker said:
Fragile Dreams anyone? I like... bought it right away....

An appropriate name for that game, in more ways than one. It's like an injured bird. You can't help but take it home, care for it and love it, but it's still extremely painful watching it inevitably die.

Outside of Hotel Dusk, Fragile Dreams was, I believe, the only other game to elicit tears from me. It was incredibly deep and moving. That being said, the gameplay was incredibly broken and frustrating. There is so much they almost did right, and that made it even more frustrating. Essentially, the camera and combat suck a lot of the enjoyment out of that game. It's still worth playing through, though. Like I said, the game name is very appropriate...

D

Deleted User

OP
Xenoblade sounds cool. But its release is TBA, and I don't want to have my shitty bro translating everything whilst I fight :/

powerking56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anybody know how far the ToG translation has gotten?? And also The Last Story seems amazing. Check it out, although it doesnt come out till Jan 2011 in Japan... *Sigh*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/