Puck The Joker

Puck, The Arrogant Phuck
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It was a pretty pathetic and stupid joke. If you wanted to do something like that, you should have done something more original. When I first saw it, I was pissed, not fooled. Try something more ingenious next year and not the same old recycled crap that everyone uses.

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how original, you're only the 10th site today that was closed by some of the million types of RIAA-organisations.

wouldn't have hurt to be littlebit original really.
And exactly how original do you want it?
A new release of a new GBA game that don´t exists, like most other GBA communities?
News that Nintendo starts to release roms on the net?
Maybe that somebody important person dies, maybe Miyamoto?

It´s not easy to be original when most things are already done, some things better than others.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
yeah... but only because people seem to like 1.april... holy shit... i never did anything on this day and am a happy man too
happy.gif

EDIT: OMFG... and this on a day i've got a headache like hell... don't joke a dragon with headaches
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
well.. someone disliked it, someone had a relief laugh, as always you can't make 100% of the people happy....

site was down for little more than 1 hour, so it's not a big damage to everyone.. and next time we'll put japanese language too but keep the site up =P

hehe don't be too serious about it guys, it was a joke.

Harkan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm , not funy , you should have seen a site called Advance Power , they said that Mario golf on gba came out and everyone freeked and it so hapened that it was theyr april joke , alongside that was a fake picture of a vba 1.8 with multiplayer function , talk about a bummer

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hehe, never seen so many mods viewing a topic, anyone of them got duped? The "front" was convincing, but the date today is saying to trust my senses.. Good thing too, I might have gone insane!
laugh.gif

A lot of sites doing this type of thing.. it makes the "fooling" a little too.. predictable. That's tradition for you.
I'll forgive KiVan, cuz that April Fools really bites, but you're still my favorite guy so.. APRIL FOOLS!
wacko.gif

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, the joke wasn't indeed original but originality is what is difficult to find in such occasions. When it comes to April Fools, it's really hard to find a decent joke that would make everyone laugh, especially on the net when we've seen pratically everything else.

I did find a site which, in place of its usual banner, had a small flash game that was fun to play at least once. Nothing funny about this one but it was interesting for an April Fools.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well.. someone disliked it, someone had a relief laugh, as always you can't make 100% of the people happy....

site was down for little more than 1 hour, so it's not a big damage to everyone.. and next time we'll put japanese language too but keep the site up =P

hehe don't be too serious about it guys, it was a joke.
But COME ON now KiVan, I'm pretty sure most of the people were feeling angry (BEFORE the joke was revealed) that such an obvious joke turned out to affect many people in the wrong way. Surely you know how pissed off we'd be if this happened, it's like someone cancelling our favourite show!!!

Oh and I hope you can live with yourself, MORE THAN AN HOUR OF MY LIFE HAS BEEN WASTED OVER NOTHING!!!

ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif

Now I'll end this off with a special message to you from death
ph34r.gif

grim-reaper.jpg

*you're next. . .*

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It was a joke, done is done, and I believe that GBAtemp will not be taken down as a joke again, so move, move, there is nothing left to see
wink.gif

ChiroToB

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
people... it's only video games... it's not like he pulled this joke on a website updating the health status of someone's dying parent...

serioulsy... are you pissed off at the joke... or pissed of that you GOT FOOLED BY THE JOKE?

I'm not pissed at all... though I was a little leery.

-Chiro

Omero

Former Admin
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.net
XP
Country
Italy
Come on guys, relax & have fun, gbatemp is back for good now
wink.gif

If someone didn't like the april's fool, oh well, just come here in Italy and me and Kivan will make the poor fooled/angry guy forget the whole story thru a looooong session of drinkin' & drinkin' & drinkin'.

happy.gif

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOL, I'm not angry and I wasn't fooled, but I'd take you up on that offer just for the looooong session of drinkin' & drinkin' & drinkin'
biggrin.gif

My wife just said I'd have to take her with me
frown.gif
She can't drink that much...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ