Issue with WiiFrii v2.3b

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by 1ronlung, Dec 24, 2008.

1. 1ronlung
    OP

1ronlung GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2008
    United States
    Hi.

I currently have 2 ISOs on my HDD. Capcom vs tagawhatsit and the king of fightes compliation.

Am running 3.3e (PAL). Haven't tried KOF yet, but I know I definately need to region change Capcom else it will only display in black and white.

When I drag either ISO onto the Wii Frii EXE, the menu comes up. However, after selecting 'b' (Jap to PAL) windows throws up a memory write error in W2k, or a more general application fault in XP.

Have also tried running the patcher from DOS and I get the same result.

Does anybody know what the issue is, or are able to suggest an alternative proggy ?

I have RegionFrii 1.21 on my HDD, but I assume this simply patches the game for playing and doesn't affect the colours ? (it's quite an old app now)

Responses appreciated.. My DVD burner at home is knackered, so I need to try and sort this out while I'm in the office.

Cheers,
    ironlung

2. 1ronlung
    OP

1ronlung GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2008
    United States
    I did google before posting, but I just had a 'luckier google'

In case anyone else has this problem..

You need a file called "common-key" in order for the program to run. The file isn't included with the program zip - you need to find it elsewhere ... Prolly some sort of copyright issue invloved..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice