Hacking Issue with Savegame Manager GX on vWii

DevannB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's my issue - I want to copy over pretty much ANY save from my real wii over to my vWii. I've started the games up on the vWii, yep, so that's not the issue, but in Savegame Manager, there is no option to install anywhere. What am I doing wrong? It's frustrating me to no end, I'm at the point of ripping my own hair out. Can anyone help me? Is there an alternative?

Also when I switch to NAND mode on savegame manager, it only shows one save - mario party 8??? I have way more savegames than that.

Also when the savegame manager starts up, it says something about the mii channel, clicking install does nothing but take me back to the homebrew channel, and cancelling does nothing but close the prompt.

By the way, don't think this was my first option. Ive been googling for an hour. I've had an account here for 5 years and have never need to post anything until now.

Last edited by DevannB,
Reactions: orangy57

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's my issue - I want to copy over pretty much ANY save from my real wii over to my vWii. I've started the games up on the vWii, yep, so that's not the issue, but in Savegame Manager, there is no option to install anywhere. What am I doing wrong? It's frustrating me to no end, I'm at the point of ripping my own hair out. Can anyone help me? Is there an alternative?

Also when I switch to NAND mode on savegame manager, it only shows one save - mario party 8??? I have way more savegames than that.

Also when the savegame manager starts up, it says something about the mii channel, clicking install does nothing but take me back to the homebrew channel, and cancelling does nothing but close the prompt.

By the way, don't think this was my first option. Ive been googling for an hour. I've had an account here for 5 years and have never need to post anything until now.

There is an alternative, the way I imported my saves from wii to vWii.
On Wii go to saves, backup the saves to SD card. This puts it in to a private folder on the SD card.
Now put the SD card into the Wii U and enter vWii. Create save data (You already have) by launching the game. Now go to vWii's saves and move the saves from SD to system storage. I was able to import Resident Evil 4's save this way.

DevannB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is an alternative, the way I imported my saves from wii to vWii.
On Wii go to saves, backup the saves to SD card. This puts it in to a private folder on the SD card.
Now put the SD card into the Wii U and enter vWii. Create save data (You already have) by launching the game. Now go to vWii's saves and move the saves from SD to system storage. I was able to import Resident Evil 4's save this way.
Hey, thanks for the response.

I tried doing that as well, and the options for move/copy were greyed out for the ones that support wifi, which to my understanding is supposed to be able to be bypassed.

DevannB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so here's what I did to solve the problem, step by step:

1. Copied all of my save data from my original Wii using the memory management tool built into the vanilla Wii, Settings>Data>Wii>etc whatever to the SD card.

2. Loaded Savegame Manager GX vWii Edition, ignored the Mii warning, and extracted the saves to the "browsed" folder, aka the same folder as the title.

3. Loaded THIS version of Savegame Manager [http://forum.wii-homebrew.com/index...p/?s=f258f7657cf7d0325394b4765d2fac32f4af5a49] from this German website I searched up in my findings [https://translate.google.com/transl...172-SaveGame-Managers-GX-Problem/&prev=search]

4. Browsed to the then-extracted save file

5. Clicked Install.

Worked like a charm, my 2007 save is all intact.

Here's hoping this works for anyone else having this issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BigOnYa are you on OnlyFans?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there