issue with c-stick

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by september796, Jun 6, 2017.

1. september796
    OP

september796 GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    My NEW 3DS' c-stick works in all directions but it is not as sensitive going left, right or down as it is going up.
    I'll explain it this way:
    up: 100% (perfect sensitivity, easy to use and precise)
    right: 85% (not as sensitive but not that noticeable)
    left: 80% (you need to press it harder, a bit noticeable)
    down: 50% (very hard pressure is needed, it is annoying)

I don't think it's necessary to replace it though. In fact I was thinking of cleaning the inner parts of the c-stick by disassembling the console...
    will it fix it?
    Or maybe you can suggest another workaround?
    I know this was a common problem on many new 3ds non-XL

2. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I was in the same position and ended up replacing the parts. It seems that the rubber is just trash and loses its form after a few intensive hours of usage and gets unresponsive.

After the 2nd replacement I did a small modification, though. I wrapped a small patch made of tshirt around it and fixed it. Now the rubber is not stressed anymore and retains its form plus I have a much better grip. It works great and I tested it already for about 500hrs of gameplay.

Last edited by GothicIII, Jun 6, 2017
  3. september796
    OP

september796 GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    So, did you just replace the rubber piece? or the whole c-stick part? the thing is that I have barely used the c-stick ever since I bought my n3ds because none of the games I had made use of it until now.

4. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    @september796: Just like I said. I wrapped around the rubber a patch of cloth. Of course I had to replace the C-Stick first. I replaced the whole unit (rubber piece + connector board) but it should be enough to replace the rubber.

IMG_0475.JPG