Hardware issue with c-stick

september796

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
My NEW 3DS' c-stick works in all directions but it is not as sensitive going left, right or down as it is going up.
I'll explain it this way:
up: 100% (perfect sensitivity, easy to use and precise)
right: 85% (not as sensitive but not that noticeable)
left: 80% (you need to press it harder, a bit noticeable)
down: 50% (very hard pressure is needed, it is annoying)

I don't think it's necessary to replace it though. In fact I was thinking of cleaning the inner parts of the c-stick by disassembling the console...
will it fix it?
Or maybe you can suggest another workaround?
I know this was a common problem on many new 3ds non-XL

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was in the same position and ended up replacing the parts. It seems that the rubber is just trash and loses its form after a few intensive hours of usage and gets unresponsive.

After the 2nd replacement I did a small modification, though. I wrapped a small patch made of tshirt around it and fixed it. Now the rubber is not stressed anymore and retains its form plus I have a much better grip. It works great and I tested it already for about 500hrs of gameplay.

Last edited by GothicIII,

september796

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I was in the same position and ended up replacing the parts. It seems that the rubber is just trash and loses its form after a few intensive hours of usage and gets unresponsive.

After the 2nd replacement I did a small modification, though. I wrapped a small patch made of tshirt around it and fixed it. Now the rubber is not stressed anymore and retains its form plus I have a much better grip. It works great and I tested it already for about 500hrs of gameplay.
So, did you just replace the rubber piece? or the whole c-stick part? the thing is that I have barely used the c-stick ever since I bought my n3ds because none of the games I had made use of it until now.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@september796: Just like I said. I wrapped around the rubber a patch of cloth. Of course I had to replace the C-Stick first. I replaced the whole unit (rubber piece + connector board) but it should be enough to replace the rubber.

IMG_0475.JPG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?