Homebrew Issue using browserhax with 8.1?

Woosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone, I've recently discovered that my brother's 3DSXL is at version 8.1.0-12U. From what I understand, this means I'm in a perfect spot to use exploits such as browserhax. However, I can't seem to actually make browserhax work on said system. I've installed the Homebrew Starter Kit properly on to the SD card, and scanned the QR code / manually typed in the web address on the browser application. No matter what however, the webpage just opens up to a blank white screen, rather than booting up the Homebrew Launcher. My friend is stumped as to why it's not working correctly. What am I doing incorrectly (if anything), and how can I fix this?

Thank you!

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I've recently discovered that my brother's 3DSXL is at version 8.1.0-12U. From what I understand, this means I'm in a perfect spot to use exploits such as browserhax. However, I can't seem to actually make browserhax work on said system. I've installed the Homebrew Starter Kit properly on to the SD card, and scanned the QR code / manually typed in the web address on the browser application. No matter what however, the webpage just opens up to a blank white screen, rather than booting up the Homebrew Launcher. My friend is stumped as to why it's not working correctly. What am I doing incorrectly (if anything), and how can I fix this?

Thank you!
This happens if you have opened the browser with internet on since the exploit was semi-fixed. Unfortunately, you will need to find a new homebrew method. I recommend getting OOT and Powersaves.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
This happens if you have opened the browser with internet on since the exploit was semi-fixed. Unfortunately, you will need to find a new homebrew method. I recommend getting OOT and Powersaves.
Wasn't the exploit only semi-fixed on 9.9 and above? I'm still able to use browserhax on my 9.2 sysnand - in fact, I used it to install Menuhax and autoboot into emunand. It's not the most reliable but it works.

EDIT: Just tried it, can confirm Sliderhax still works on 9.2 sysnand.

Last edited by ric.,

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't the exploit only semi-fixed on 9.9 and above? I'm still able to use browserhax on my 9.2 sysnand - in fact, I used it to install Menuhax and autoboot into emunand. It's not the most reliable but it works.
I thought it was blocked on all versions. @Woosh Try clearing your cookies and exit out of the tab with the browserhax page. Then, turn off your internet and type in the page. Go out of the browser, turn on internet, go back in. It should work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait, which starter pack are you using? Also, I found this on the Browserhax page: This may or may not work on firmwares below 9.0. If you're below 9.0 please don't ask for help.
And this too: DO NOT put the payload on your SD. It will auto download that.

Not to mention the fact that this is IMPOSSIBLE to run on < 9.0 because Ninjhax 2.x doesn't support it. And you can't use Ninjhax 1.x because Browserhax isn't a kernel exploit.

Long story short: It won't work.

This is why Google exists.

Last edited by GalladeGuy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person