junk_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shredman said:
this iso loading nonsense i getting way out of control........

nintendo is a company that has, ever since the big boys came to town (sony,microsoft...),
been punching well above its weight division. I for one was glad that a company like Nintendo
had made such a stunning comeback. It defies belief that a company languishing in 3rd place last
gen could now dominate the industry.

i would argue for nintendo's very own survival - it needed this kind of turnaround in order to
keep potential suitors away from trying to swallow up the company in a takeover - or essentially
marginalising it.

already we can see that nintendo struck gold with its new interactive control mechanism - the money
that nintendo is currently 'printing' with wii and ds will set it up to compete in an ever more expensive
industry in the next gen...

should we as gamers decide that we would rather kill nintendo's income stream than buy their games and
support them - i think that eventually we will see nintendo's demise sooner rather than later

iso loaders do nothing but encourage piracy

before anyone points out to me that piracy is not that bad and actual losses are really unattribuable
due to an inability to quantify how much is actually lost - ie how many pirates would actually have bought
the games they copied/downloaded...

the music industry is proof that the ease of piracy does nothing to actually put money into the pockets of
artists... for example....in our lifetime we will never see another thriller album (as a piece of trivia - artists
make their money these days by touring....)

homebrew and piracy tread a fine line that sometimes cross over one another but I would rather see
nintendo bring some of their videogaming joy to the world than be subject to a video game industry
bereft of nintendo and full of nothing but darl reality and realism - i like my mushrooms
smile.gif
and warp
pipes - go karting and innocent dungeon crawling adventure games

so,
if the iso loader works...

RIP nintendo

SHREDMAN

wat a dum man who doesnt want free stuff, if its somethings free, take it, even if it pirated!

darkhawk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Arm the Homeless said:
Anyone who says that piracy killed the PSP: How many of you honestly still play your PSP? I close to never play mine.

The Wii will not take a blow from this and developers will not stop making games. Anyone who says that will happen is a retard.
The PSP for me never had any games worth playing even before piracy sure there are a few great ones but nothing thats amazing. It isnt going to kill the Wii at the very worst it could impact what games are made for it, though there are very few games worth playing anyway doubt the qulity of games could get any worse. Im sure it isnt going to impact Nintendo's huge pockets too much.

NikoK

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo doesn't care about it's real gamer community. They only care about your money. That's why VC Games are a huge fucking rip off, and there are absolutely no good exclusives planned for it's future. Just a ton of 3rd party crap. I'm still stuck playing my release titles, somethings wrong.

Fuck them. Maybe if they showed some customer appreciation (Oh wait, all their customers aren't real gamers) I would support them.

I bought brawl since I play it competitively, and I bought the console. Thats over 350 bucks right there. That's enough money from my pocket.

Thanks.

tng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nitendo have made money from the wii already what people don't understand is once a soft mod is released the amount of games produced will drop dramatically .People wine about how nitendo have forgotten core gamers but in reality the reason behind this is most core gamers have modded wii's and have no intentions in buying any games .Why would anyone produce games that won't sell don't get me wrong their are core gamers buying games but not enough to make it worth while.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NikoK said:
Nintendo doesn't care about it's real gamer community. They only care about your money. That's why VC Games are a huge fucking rip off, and there are absolutely no good exclusives planned for it's future. Just a ton of 3rd party crap. I'm still stuck playing my release titles, somethings wrong.

Fuck them. Maybe if they showed some customer appreciation (Oh wait, all their customers aren't real gamers) I would support them.

I bought brawl since I play it competitively, and I bought the console. Thats over 350 bucks right there. That's enough money from my pocket.

Thanks.

Not all their customers aren't real gamers, just 90% of them, I mean, I dont see an ISO loader being " The thing that killed the Wii". No not at all, seeing as how 90% of Wii owners are under the age of 12, and have no idea what a softmod is let alone a hardmod. Majority of the Wii games that are out suck badly, Aside from ( Zelda, Metroid Prime,Mario Galaxy,Mario Kart RE4 ( Although its a remake, Its still good) Brawl, and just a few others. But, Most of the purchasers are young, and buy their games based off the cover. Which means plenty of games will still be sold even after the ISO loader is released, Nintendo will continue making money seeing as how this christmas season all the Wii's will be sold out again.
Nintendo will be fine after this ISo loader is released.

Totakeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if an ISO loader comes out, I will still buy the AAA titles like Zelda, Smash, etc. Those are deserving of my money; plus, I like collecting the game manuals and box art, which is something you never get if you just d/l an ISO and burn it. But rehashed shit like House of the Dead 1+2? I'm not going to waste money on PS2 ports. Those are deserving of piracy.

You all need to stop worrying about piracy ending Nintendo. Nintendo is in the unique position this generation of being the casual-gamer company. Even if piracy takes hold of the Wii, only like 1% of all Wii owners will be a part of it. The mindless grannies and 8 year olds are still going to be buying Ninjabread Man Adventures and shit.

Nintendo did well in getting all the casuals to their side - it's given them a shield against the worst effects of piracy. Stop worrying, mateys and enjoy the pirate's life.

rokumanxes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Totakeke said:
Even if an ISO loader comes out, I will still buy the AAA titles like Zelda, Smash, etc. Those are deserving of my money; plus, I like collecting the game manuals and box art, which is something you never get if you just d/l an ISO and burn it. But rehashed shit like House of the Dead 1+2? I'm not going to waste money on PS2 ports. Those are deserving of piracy.

You all need to stop worrying about piracy ending Nintendo. Nintendo is in the unique position this generation of being the casual-gamer company. Even if piracy takes hold of the Wii, only like 1% of all Wii owners will be a part of it. The mindless grannies and 8 year olds are still going to be buying Ninjabread Man Adventures and shit.

Nintendo did well in getting all the casuals to their side - it's given them a shield against the worst effects of piracy. Stop worrying, mateys and enjoy the pirate's life.

Holy crap, a gbatemp user with a brain!
--------------------------------------
The larger part of Wii owners will never even know of this.
The ones that do, good for them.

Look at the Dreamcast.
Yup, it died. But it wasn't ONLY because of piracy. The PS2 had a hand in that as well.
Look at the PSP.
It's kickin'. That thing is simple to hack and use for piracy. It lives on.
Y'know why? Firmware updates and the lack of knowledge.

I don't want to see Nintendo die, and I don't think we will.
Most of these games getting released are shit ports and shovelware.
Maybe if they put out more good games, I'd be less apt to pirate them.

Keep in mind, I will probably download good games as well, but I WILL legally purchase
them, as I like owning an original, and I support the companies that put out things that
aren't pieces ofyougettheidea. Currently, the only titles that aren't, were made by Nintendo
in the first place, so... I'm not worried.

Long live Piracy!
Long live Nintendo~!

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
skedone said:
lol people piracy has NEVER NEVER killed a console in fact during a resent study showed that piracy has a loss of 0.001 % in sales so how could it even be the coarse of a console downfall. i could go in to this more but i wont. lets just say i run a website dealing with all this (r-force.org_ if anyone wants a look and find out what i mean .
Sometimes for the console it helps sale! I got a PS2 because I can play backups.

mk123a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to agree with the user who posted about the psp and piracy statistics. Many 3rd party developers are avoiding the psp because it is just not economical to make games when it can be easily pirated. Although this might not be the end of the Wii, I highly doubt that it will negatively affect the sales of wii's - in fact it might boost hardware sales. However I think it will have an impact on games being made by 3rd party developers. Lastly I'm sure that Nintendo will patch this loader with the next firmware. Bushing already informed Nintendo of the exploit awhile ago, so they know about. The loader will have a negative affect on homebrew as Nintendo will probably patch this loader along with other known methods of enabling homebrew to prevent further iso loaders from being made. Eventually hackers will find other exploits and there will be an on going battle to fix the exploit by Nintendo and find new exploits by hackers. And before others mention the fact that this iso loader will have no impact, by bringing up the issues of modchips and flashcarts, you forget that now it is much easier for people to pirate games. Sure you will need a copy of zelda to load the twilight hack, but i'm sure alot of people have that lying around or easily obtain it through friends. It is much harder to acquire a mod-chip, which is illegal in many countries, and to install it. And while many people argue that a large demographic of wii users are of the casual group who are not tech savy, there are still a bunch of know-it-how kids, teenagers, etc who know how use simple things as torrents to acquire wii isos. It is much easier to do a soft-mod where they can find online instructions versus opening a wii, obtaining a mod-chip, and learning the proper solder skills.

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate it when people sob and cry about how piracy will kill the wii, when they are secretly doing THE VERY DAM THING THEY ARE SO FRICKIN OPPOSED TO! Come on, who are ya foolin? BLOODY PIRATES!
tongue.gif

and the psp was a crappy thing anyway. It had so much potential, even before CFW with iso loading was released. The thing was just too expensive, and by the time it hit consumer level price, iso loading was on a rampage, and drove developers away. I personally never bought any games for it (it came with 2 from the costco bundle. gotta love costco
wink.gif
)

I dl'd a few, then within a few days got rid of them to make room for my homebrew stuff. the psp is a FANTASTIC homebrew machine. The only good game it ever had, was Wipeout pure.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NikoK said:

Thanks.

Attitudes like this make me want to go around and shoot random people for being stupid.
EVERY FUCKING COMPANY ONLY CARES ABOUT YOUR MONEY.
That's why they are companies. To make money.
You are acting like someone forced you to buy the console and game. How fucking pathetic is that? Don't like the company? Don't like the game? Don't fucking buy the console and stop acting like you have a right to steal.

jakemaheu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite honestly, I think Yahtzee said it best: "Nintendo has enough money to buy the earth and all the heavens and yet they still continue to rehash the same titles over and over again." That is why people will pirate games. Not because they are cheap or have no morals, but because (with a few exceptions) old titles are simply remade with only minor changes [read: pokemon].

That being said, I'm 14 and broke and will be pirating all sorts of shit.

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nobody has the right to steal, but they do it any way. some may go on, others will be caught. that is a personal choice that EVERYBODY is entitled to. just dont go flinging out unreasonable opinions formed from ignorance. and I have to agree with arakon. Isn't nintendo a COMPANY? isn't the capitalist goal to MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE? cmon people, 15 and STILL can outsmart immature adults. Typical gamers.

rokumanxes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zant said:
nobody has the right to steal, but they do it any way. some may go on, others will be caught. that is a personal choice that EVERYBODY is entitled to. just dont go flinging out unreasonable opinions formed from ignorance. and I have to agree with arakon. Isn't nintendo a COMPANY? isn't the capitalist goal to MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE? cmon people, 15 and STILL can outsmart immature adults. Typical gamers.

Holy crap.
This user used caps.

He wins this argument by far.

I hate you.

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hate you too. mutual agreement. i wasnt teh only one to use caps ya know..............
just for the drama
biggrin.gif

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im afraid of that. bad feeling its going to end up like ps3 with a hypervisor and rsx locking and that kind of stuff............

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Arakon said:
NikoK said:

Thanks.

Attitudes like this make me want to go around and shoot random people for being stupid.
EVERY FUCKING COMPANY ONLY CARES ABOUT YOUR MONEY.
That's why they are companies. To make money.
You are acting like someone forced you to buy the console and game. How fucking pathetic is that? Don't like the company? Don't like the game? Don't fucking buy the console and stop acting like you have a right to steal.
Stop acting like a douche. Yes, we know Nintendo is a company, that is fucking obvious. So what?
And we are CONSUMERS. WE ONLY CARE ABOUT OUR *OWN* MONEY. Jesus Christ. See how stupid it is to use this kind of argument?
And lol at "pirating is stealing".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :evil: 📹 +1