Is unbricking vWii possible yet?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Ducktaculr, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Ducktaculr
    OP

Ducktaculr Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2015
    United States
    Isanti, Minnesota
    Just as the title says. I know there's a bunch of people aswell as myself who have accidentally fully bricked their vWii (ALWAYS READ THE STICKIES) , and without bootmii or priiloader we don't (currently) really have anyway to fix it. There's been a ton of progress in the Wii U scene recently, including being able to use wuphax to hack vWii without a game. I've searched the internet a ton trying to find any progress or answers but nothing has come up. Is there ANY way at all to unbrick vWii, no matter how time consuming or challenging?

KiiWii likes this.
  2. PokeAcer

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    It'll very most likely happen at some point in time; it's just a case of making it work :P

3. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Perhaps WUP installer can cross the boundaries and reinstall what we've bricked on vWii mode thanks to iosu?

4. veraci_00

veraci_00 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    did u forget to make a NAND backup and backup all IOS? should be recoverable if u've done that. though, that's only for soft bricks.

5. thisisallowed

thisisallowed 中国御宅族

Oct 8, 2015
    China
    Jinan, Shandong
    Well, you can access the decrypted Wii partition. And write to it.

6. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
  7. asper

asper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 14, 2010
    United States
    If you bricked you should know what you did;
    If system menu is corrupted (ex. tried to install priiloader) you can unbrick copying back your original-region-specific 00000023.app file (EUR file is 00000023.app, in other region number can change, size is almost 3Mb). Path inside the console is:
    /vol/name-of-the-vWii-mounted-partition/title/00000001/00000002/content/00000023.app
    Replace the file you find there with the original one (someone should upload it for you somewhere) using wupserver.
    If you bricked installing some strange channel you need to delete the title from nand.

If you are EUR and you bricked playing with system menu I can create a script for you.

x65943 likes this.