Hacking is this safe to do?

dooke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i'm new to wii-modding and stuff so i have a question some of you prolly will think of as newbish. But i just installed a wiiclip and it seems to work perfect. I updated my USA wii via the internet to 3.3U so everything so be just good.

Now when i try to play Mario Kart or Madden 09 (both are USA back up games) they both ask that i install an additional update from the disc. My wii is ntsc-u and the games trying to update are also ntsc-u.

So my question, stupid as it may be, is if it's safe to run the update? I just wanna be sure not to do anything stupid, since this is my first try with a wii (and i dont understand why the game would need to update a fully updated wii?)

Hope to hear from you guys.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
indeed it is safe to use US updates on US system, I wonder why it wants you to update though.....peculiar......this is a new wii? it must be missing some random old IOSes that are on most discs I guess.

Kokorazashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Games from your region are perfectly safe. It's only if it's from another region that you should take additional steps (I won't go into detail here). If you've got a Scrubbed version of Mario Kart Wii, you can't install the Mario Kart Channel (Scrubbed = Compressed by taking out useless info on the ISO file, it should say so on the torrent you got it from).

dooke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a brand new wii (d2e chip-set) so it might be missing some old files.

The versions are not scrubbed nor brickblocked or anything...i guess i'll go ahead and try updating in a couple of hours.

Thanks for the responses

Kokorazashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's great! Make sure if you want a game from another region, which I don't see the need to since you live in the US (I envy you), you should BrickBlock the game and Region Frii it. But sometimes it won't load when you BrickBlock a game, but it's never happened to me so...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1