Hacking Is this R4 a clone??

LD560

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there guys

I'm new so if this has been asked a gazillion times I'm sorry, I've searched already for answers but I'm un-sure so hopefully someone out there can help =)

I was going to get my mate an R4 for his birthday, however to my Suprise (and disaspointment)
he went and brought himself one.

Here's the thing though he showed me the site where he purchased his R4 from, what I would like to know is, is it an actutal R4 or a Clone?

I've looked through GBAtemp and I think it is a clone, but if any of you guys could confirm it is for me, I can break the news to him...lol

This is the site: TeckNet Online with a direct link to where he brought it from.

Like I say I'm still not sure but it says the latest version of kernel is 1.23...lol?? preety sure in some awesome sticky I read 1.18 is still the latest.

Any helps appreciated thanks
smile.gif

Cheers LD560

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
as above last R4 official firmware was indeed 1.18 anything else will be FAKE and any R4 card thats SDHC is FAKE too as they never released and official SDHC R4!

theres images in my signature that shows real R4's and what to look out for on the stickers
smile.gif

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAKE all the way. The REAL card of the R4 III SDHC works, but not with all SDHC, overall its a clone though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0