Gaming Is this build worth it?

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Either you're trolling or you know nothing about PCs.

I agree. I own a custom MSI motherboard by Toshiba(Toshiba Satellite A-300 Special Edition) that has an ATi Mobility HD 3470 GPU clock at 600 MHz memory clock at 400MHz a 160GB 7200 RPM Hitashi HDD 4GB of DDR2 800MHz with an intel core 2 duo T5800 2.01Ghz.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has been called out as unfair/inaccurate before IIRC. I have the exact same one OP's considering since Oct 2013, no error so far.
Unless you have another source that are doing a large as a test sample as they did / still are doing
The graph doesnt say all drives from that company will fail, but about 10% lets say, your drive fell in the 90% range
They also tend to be the odd size ones (1.5TB, 3TB, 5TB, etc) that are more prone to failures

Knowing this why wouldn't you buy from a company that has a 1% failure rate rather than risking your data with a 10% failure rate?

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have always had problem with Western Digital Drives, heck even their SAS drives failed on me after just 6 month of use and they're supposed to be able stand up to heavy usage abuse, and it wasn't even abused. Although, I do have to say that their warranty is awesome. Seagate on the other hand, I didn't have one failed one me outright like WD did, however it did slowly developed bad sectors as times marches on. Hitachi I think is or was a good drive, but if I am not mistaken, didn't Western Digital acquire Hitachi drive brand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :P