Is this a good Pandora battery?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by dartdude6, Nov 21, 2009.

Nov 21, 2009
  1. dartdude6
    OP

Member dartdude6 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472

I've never bought from Dealextreme, but I heard it sells stuff really cheap, but it's really slow (which isn't a big deal). Anyways, does anybody have this exact battery? I'm looking to buy a Tool battery for my PSP-2000, but I don't want a bad battery that could ruin my PSP. And is Dealextreme reliable and do they ship to the US?

2. acturus

Newcomer acturus Advanced Member

United States
    can't comment on the battery, but i have ordered from dealextreme several times and always had good service, and the shipping is a little slow to the us, but not terrible

3. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    I ordered this one and it worked great for me. I keep it charged as an emergency backup battery also.

4. jmckutchin

Member jmckutchin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Seconded this. Worked great for me.

5. Magoo222

Member Magoo222 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I think I've got the one in the original post, I got it from E-Bay rather than Deal Extreme, but it came from Hong Kong and has almost identical markings. It did the job for me, got CFW onto my PSP, but it does feel a little lightweight. If you're planning on using it a lot, either for yourself or friends, I'd suggest looking for a slightly more robust one. Also, I think if it's for the PSP-1000 it means you won't be able to put your battery cover on when using it on a 2000.

Re: 0ld8oys comment, there is a comment at the bottom of the Deal Extreme page that states it can't be used to play games as it forces recovery mode. If that's something you want, look at his link.

6. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    I think you can use it as a regular battery as long as the PSP's already booted up or in standby, just not when you're starting it up/turning it on.

I've ordered the battery in the OP, but I can't comment as it hasn't arrived just yet.

7. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Just stick a Time Machine IPL on the MS and it'll work as normal. Remember every time you format the stick you need that IPL reinjected.