Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It's so cheap because it's been opened.
Newegg only guarantees your receipt of the Open Box product with the purchase of this item. Any accessories MAY OR MAY NOT be included. Newegg will NOT send you any missing accessories, even if it is required to use all of the item's functions.
So you run a bit of a gamble on if it's even got the charger.

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's so cheap because it's been opened.
So you run a bit of a gamble on if it's even got the charger.
Well, since its already been opened do they re install a new OS? Or is it the same os and files that the previous owner used?
Also I could just order a charger to go along with it. if it comes with the charger, then Ill just have an extra.

Sly 3 4 me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully that would be all that is missing. Newegg notes that they test all of the Open Box products, but sometimes they're a bit lazy on that. The system will most likely boot up if all accessories such as the AC adapter are bought, but sometimes it may not. My friend bought a video card that was Open Box and it wouldn't even run as it was DOA. He sent it back and got a refund though and only had to pay the shipping which was 12 dollars or something I believe. Not sure how extensive they test the Open Box, but hopefully no one did something such as taking some of the ram out, replacing the HDD with an old one, or taking out the wireless card. It's a gamble for the Open Boxes, I've never bought one for the sole reasoning that if there was something wrong, I would not want to wait 1-2 weeks for a replacement or refund on the item.

Let's hope the person that returns it wasn't a crafty individual and didn't steal anything. My father actually does this sometimes, and I tell him not to... He takes parts off of items such as ceiling fan motors, sealants on sump pumps, vacuum parts. He's a cheap bastard and whenever he does it I refuse to help him put in the new part. :glare:

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The specs are pretty nice... but considering this is a laptop, if anything is wrong with it, your choices are limited. The only things you could "fix" easily are HDD's, RAM or the battery. If anything else is damaged (ie. the screen or keyboard), getting a replacement could be difficult, and a bit of a hassle to install if you're not used to taking apart laptops. So I guess it comes down to how willing you are to invest time in the laptop if it turns out to not be what you wanted.

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the info. I probably wont be buying this after all. I sent them an email asking some questions and they said they didnt check it all, so like Sly 3 4 me's dad, if someone did that then they wouldnt replace the parts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.