Is there any way to undo 3.56?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Gagarin, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Gagarin
    OP

Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 11, 2007
    United States
    USA
    F..k, friend of mine has 3.56 and wants to go wild in jailbreaking.
    Any help?

2. Magsor

Magsor I am watching you

Dec 1, 2010
    Canada
    Amos
    No not at the moment. CFW 3.56 will come out at some point in future. We don't know what is coming in terms of hacking but it looks very bright. Tell your friend he has to be patient and don't upgrade if a new firmware comes out = NO PSN...

3. Gitaroo

Gitaroo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2007
    Canada
    I think one of the hacker from failoverflow or something said you 3.56 had made thing very hard for downgrade to be possible, you might have to open up the ps3 to flash the NAN. There was method floating around the net require you to pull the power plug when the PS3 is updating or something, don't think anyone want to try it or should even try it.

4. Lightake

Lightake GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2010
    Switzerland
    China
    Yep , and all the ps3 scene had stopped since $ony is suing every hacker.

5. Sephxus

Sephxus GBAtemp Fan

May 27, 2010
    United States
    Pomona, CA
    Currently, there is not way to downgrade, and this will be true for a long time, I think. [​IMG]

6. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    most of them stopped on 3.56 before that because its back to square one

7. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    It's not really back to square one. They know the new keys and know about the rootkit and everything else Sony is trying to do to revamp security. The only thing is that there's virtually no reward in creating a 3.56 CFW since 3.55 works so well. Just wait until 3.6 is released (which I've heard will include new features) and see what the scene makes of it.

8. Giga_Gaia

Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Sep 12, 2006
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    There probably won't be a CFW 3.56. I mean, Sony already started talking about 3.60, so you know it's coming soon. I mean, hackers probably don't want to bother if 3.60 is gonna be out soon. I mean 3.60 includes new features, 3.56 doesn't. I bet they don't see the point.

Well, people want PSN access back, but I don't think the ones making cfw actually cares about that. Beside, going online with a cfw will result in a ban anyway.